Summary: A Challenge to pursue the complete truth of God’s Word.
The Whole Enchilada
1. I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead
at his appearing and his kingdom;
2. Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
3. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4. And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
5. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
6. For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
7. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
8. Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
Explain: “The Whole Enchilada”
I. There Is a Desperate Need For the Truth
Churches are filled every Sunday with Truth Seekers
There is very little truth in this World
We are guided by Situational Ethics
We are led to believe that we determine what truth is
II. Truth Has Fallen In the Streets
Isaiah 59:3-4; 14
For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue hath muttered perverseness.
None calleth for justice, nor any pleadeth for truth: they trust in vanity, and speak lies; they conceive mischief, and bring forth iniquity
And judgment is turned away backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter.
Truth has been cast down in the streets and trampled on
It has been mocked and scoffed at
Truth WILL NEVER change
This world will change
People will change
Attitudes will change
Hearts will change
All things will at some point in time change
BUT GOD AND TRUTH WILL FOREVER REMAIN UNCHANGED
“This Generation was not given to change the Gospel, the Gospel was given to change this generation.”
If you think you will change God You’ve got another thing coming.
His Word Is Already Settled in Heaven
Man does not change God, God Changes Man
Man does not change the Truth, Truth Changes Man
III. I MUST HAVE THE TRUTH
I want the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, SO HELP ME GOD.
“A LITTLE BIT IS NOT BETTER THAN NADA…. I WANT THE WHOLE ENCHILADA.”