Summary: A look at the Holy Spirit at work in the Old and New Testaments.
The Work Of The Holy Spirit
I. The Old Testament.
A. Creation (Genesis 1:2).
B. Giving prophesy and Scripture (Ezekiel 2:2; 8:3; 11:1; and 11:24).
II. In the life of Jesus.
E. Ministry (Luke 4:14).
F. Casting out demons (Matthew 12:25-28).
III. The New Testament.
B. The continuation of the Christian life (John 16:7).
2. Indwell and illuminate (John 14:16-17 and 16:13-14).
3. Teaching (John 14:26 and 15:26).
4. Intercessory (Romans 8:26-27).
5. Sanctification (Romans 8:1-17).
a. The continued transformation of moral and spiritual character.
b. The work of the Holy Spirit is...
1. Liberates us from the law (2).
2. Frees us from the flesh (4a).
3. Enables us to walk according to the Spirit (4b).
4. Sets our minds on the Spirit (5).
5. Allows us to be “in the Spirit” (9).
6. The Spirit dwells in the Christian (9 and twice in 11).
7. Guides and leads (14a).
8. Authorizes us to be children of God (14b).
9. Supplies indisputable evidence that we are truly believers (15-17).
10. Galatians 5:16-26.