Summary: Message discussing Jesus’ willingness to go; and our need to follow His example.
The workers are needed
- This message tonight which will lead up to Sunday morning (special service)
- It is important that we understand our place in the Gospel; to spread it at all costs
- As a believer, we are no longer on the side line – we are on the front line now
- Tonight, let’s see if we cannot get our batteries charged for next week’s work
Point 1 – What is our example?
- Look what Jesus did; he went from town to town teaching, preaching, healing
- Imagine if we did that? How would the Gospel be impacted in Alabama?
- The model we have of Jesus traveling ought to be our desire as believers
- We should desire to move forward all the time – never sitting still or idle
- VBS is an opportunity where potentially the lost come here to see us; John 14:6
- It is one of the only times where possibly non-churched come to church; purposefully
- Following this example of Christ, we see where even He was touched
Point 2 – Having compassion is required
- Compassion is something really lacking in this world today; maybe in our city
- Jesus saw the cities and felt for them; understanding the lost and their feelings
- As our Lord looked upon the city; how do you think he felt? How do you feel?
- Luke 19:41, “As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it.”
- His emotion for God’s chosen people is clearly understood here; how’s yours?
- Being a believer means it is because someone else introduced you to Jesus
- Look at the compassion shown by our Lord, by the one given to you
- Psalm 86:11 is the theme for this year’s VBS -- “Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.”
- We need to be taught; and when we are taught we then have a fear of God
- This places God’s priority first in our life because of our respect for Him
- Then we can understand what it is that we need to do – we need to GO!
Point 3 – Who will go?
- Last week we examined Isaiah’s willingness to get clean and THEN go
- This week, be encouraged by God’s willingness to clean us up; but then we GO
- V37-38 is a true summary of the church today; importance is clearly obvious
- There are many to be brought to salvation; but not many willing to work
- We as a church must be willing to change that! We have to light the fire again!
- Look at end of v38; Jesus is asking God to send out the workers; that’s us!
- Salvation is meant for all that may hear it; and it is our calling to do it, now
- Who will go? Who is willing to move forward in God’s desires and not our own?
- I am praying that a hundred will come; and that God will begin to bring a revival here
- We are the ones who are to stand in the gap; we must be willing to deliver
- Will you pray for VBS? Will you take part in VBS? Will you help bring the harvest to our church?