Summary: The Word of God says that all things work together for good, but how do they work. Are we tired of bearing the burden of all things?
The Working of All Things
Romans 8:24-28; 8:35-38
• “All Things” aren’t always good things
o Yet “all Things” is something that we must go through
• I would be a fool tonight if I stood here to say you would not go through the burdens and trials of them that love Him and are the called according to His purpose
• I would be a fool to say you would never see trails, or tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or nakedness, or peril, or sword.
o “All Things” in our lives will direct us toward the good of His purpose
We define “Good” as
• A new car
• A new home
• A new baby
• A new job
• God doesn’t always define “Good” that way
o We have defined “Good” by what we want and not what God wants
o We are doing what Jesus said not to do in Matthew 6:19
19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
• The problem is that we have tried to get out from under the burdensome load of “All Things” and we are trying to satisfy ourselves instead of sacrificing ourselves for the cause of His Purpose
• The problem is also that we have our heart in the wrong place and we are listening to our carnal mind instead of listening to the voice of God.
o The Word of God tells me in Romans 8:6-7 that the carnal mind is enmity against God
For to be carnallyb minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnalc mind is enmity against God:
• The Will of God will not always mean GOOD for you but if we yield ourselves to the burden of “All Things” for His purpose. One day He will say “well done though GOOD and faithful servant”
• As a child of God we must all bear the burdensome load of “All Things”
o Your burden may differ from mine
o However we can all relate to one anothers burdens
The word says in Galatians 6:2 “bear ye one anothers burdens”
• Under the burden of “All Things” you begin to find direction for the Good of the will of His Purpose in your life
o At times it seams that this heavy load is about to crush you
And it seams that this load is more than I can bear
• Its then when we find ourselves in the understanding of Cain
o As he said in Gen. 4:13
• 13 And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear.
o But I am reminded of The Word as it tells me That God will not place more one us than we can bear
• When sleep filled nights turn into sleepless nights
o Because instead of sleeping you are driven to a place of prayer
• When fasting becomes easy
o And your hunger for foods is replaced for a hunger for God and Will