Summary: This sermon describes the birth of Jesus Christ. It focuses on unique manner in which God brings about events as opposed to the world. God choses the person, the place, the time, he announces the birth, he sends out invitations to the most unlikely people
THE WORLD’S BEST BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION
God’s Marvelous Method Of Sending His Son Into The World
God Chose the Host
• They were NOT rich, popular, or famous
• They were poor from an obscure village.
• She was pure, a virgin.
• He was a just man,
• They knew God’s Word.
• They were humble.
• They were obedient.
God Chose the Place
• “But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, Though you are little among the thousands of Judah, Yet out of you shall come forth to Me The One to be Ruler in Israel, Whose goings forth are from of old.” Micah 5:2
• Joseph and Mary live in Nazareth.
• Caesar Augustus-2:1
• “The king’s heart is in the hand of the Lord, Like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes.” Prov 21:1
• God chose a manger 2:7
God Chose The Time
• “But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, 5to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.” Gal. 4:4,5
• It was the right time in Israel
• It was the right time in the World.
God Sent Out the Invitation
• All the Angels watched with wonder. 9-12
• An Angel gave the announcement.
• All the Angels were praising God. 13,14
• The shepherds were humble. 8
• The shepherds were in a hurry.15,16
• The shepherds were honored. 17-20
God Has Done Great Things
“He has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
52 He has put down the mighty from their thrones,
And exalted the lowly.
53 He has filled the hungry with good things,
And the rich He has sent away empty.”
God chose the peasant virgin girl and an obscure village not likely even known by Augustus Caesar, to bring forth his only son. Now, if it were not for Jesus, most of us would not even know Augustus existed. "He has put down the mighty from their thrones and exalted the lowly."
"He has given a name above every name,that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow and every tongue confess, "He is Lord." to the glory of God the father."
God Celebrated the Birth of His Son
• The Throne is His Habitation-(King) 11
• Messiah is His Title-(Prophet)
• Deliverer is His Occupation-(Priest)
• He brought honor to God
• He brought grace to men. Jn 1:14