Summary: With a new baby, comes a new experience. Saints dealing with New Converts.
The worst experience of my life
A new born baby!
Anyone with children can relate. New babies can be a handful. (And then some!) Let’s review some of the aspects of New Babies!
• Dirty dippers
• When you change them they poop again
• Crying – It’s not like the can tell you what is wrong
• Taking up my space
o They break my equipment
o Puke on my clothes
o And just ravage all my “stuff”
• Can’t eat a hot meal (This is the only time they choose to cry, other than 3:00 a.m.)
• Taking up my time – little time for anything extra
• Expensive – Very costly
• No sleep – up all night
• The silly thing is just Helpless
When you think about New Converts many of the same things apply.
• Dirty dippers (The Stink they bring into our churches. New Converts don’t usually (or ever) bring in great lives, they usually bring in the messed up life.)
• When you change them they poop again (You have to give constant advise, they don’t know how to fix there own problem)
• Crying – can’t tell you what is wrong (They can’t convey what is happening to there spiritual life)
• Taking up my space – equipment, clothes, stuff (They take my parking spot, my seat, my ministry, my position, my friends, etc.)
• Can’t eat a hot meal (We have to give up some meals – fasting)
• Taking up my time – little time for anything extra (We have to teach bible studies, etc.)
• Expensive – Very costly (Why advertise, Why keep putting out on these new people, I’ve been here for years.)
• No sleep – up all night (Talking on the phone at 2:30 to a man from your church that has been drinking and feeling lonely, or you have to drive across the city to have a counseling meeting with a saint who is having difficulty, this after you have put in a 13 hour work day.)
• Just Helpless (They are no help in our church because they don’t know anything, they just take up time.)
• First time he opened his eyes!
o When my little boy opened his eyes and “saw” me for the first time. It was worth it all.
The long sleepless night
The sleeping on a hospital window couch
• First time he says “Daddy”
o Oh, he gets what ever he wants.
o Who cares what everyone else says… he said “da”
o (Yes, that was close enough for me)
• First time he preaches
o I have a small child, but I can see in my mind’s eye. My son speaking to people telling them about a wonderful savior.
• When he comes up and says “I love you” for no reason at all.
o Let’s just say the world disappears!
• First time he opened his eyes!
o When they understand that revelation for the first time.
o It all becomes worth wild.
• When this “New Convert” is ministering to their “New Convert.”
o When you see this new person bringing a friend or family member, and start to minister themselves.
o WOW! No other feeling of accomplishment.
They don’t always say the words right
They don’t always know everything
(But, you didn’t know everything when you started with them either.)
• They bring you an encouraging word
• Or when they say “Father, I Love You”
o When this New Babe In Christ finally understands Praise and Worship. How to walk on their own.
o You realize all the suffering, all the lack of sleep, all the heart ache, all the suffering, etc.
o Maybe I should say it like this.
o It’s time WE grew up and let the worst experience of our lives, became the best experience of our lives.
And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.