Summary: Due to God's mercy we should prsents ourselves to the call of God. The sermon reminds us of mercy given, therefore our response should be ___________________.
Paul believes that Christ should be the Lord, of every area of our life.
The reason Paul believe this is because of God's Mercy
1. Notice He says therefore because of God’s mercy we must have a Personal Response:
A. Paul believes the response is to therefore due to Gods mercy Present
B. Due to God's Mercy therefore present your bodies as a living sacrifice
C. Due to God's Mercy therefore Present yourself “, holy and pleasing to God"(verse 1)
D. Due to God’s Mercy therefore present yourself for transformation by, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind
2. Since, one has received grace that is given, then therefore there should never be an I am something attitude but a Godly attitude because it all comes form God.
• 3For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.
3. Paul believes due to God's mercy therefore every member has a function
A. Due to God’s mercy therefore I have this function it is prophesying
B. Due to God’s mercy therefore I have this function, teaching so if it is teaching, let him teach
C. Due to God’s mercy therefore I have this function 8encouraging, if it is encouraging let him encourage
D. Due to God’s mercy therefore I have this function contributing; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously
E. Due to God’s mercy therefore I have this function; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently;
F. Due to God’s mercy therefore I have this function; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully
4. Paul proclaims the idea of not only should one present but one should also put into Practice the following ethics
A. Live a life of love 9Love must be sincere.
B. Practice a life style of hatred towards sin because it is what wreaks life and you know it therefore you Hate what is evil; cling to what is good
C. Practice a lifestyle of devotion towards one another 10Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves
D. Practice a lifestyle of fervor vigor-ness towards God. 11Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
E. Practice a life style of Certainty of the Christians Hope. 12Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.