Summary: The women rise early in the morning and find stone rolled away, no body, remembrance, wondering, and they found hope.
“They Found” Luke 24:1-12
1. The women came to the tomb that morning and found a stone rolled away the text says “On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. 2They found the stone rolled away from the tomb”
• The stone is rolled away. Did Jesus need help to roll that stone away?
• The stone was ginormous or that is the stories I have heard about the stone
• Maybe Jesus needed help to roll away the Stone? Jesus needed help. The Son of Man needed help like all of us: sons and daughters of men.
2. When the women came to the Tomb they found no Body, The text says, “3”but when they entered, they did not
find the body of the Lord Jesus.”
• They found No body to anoint they found no bones
3. When they came to the tomb they find wondering. 2They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, 3but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. 4While they were wondering about this,
• They probably wondered as they journeyed to the tomb they expected to find death but they find empty
4. When the women approached the tomb they found Remembrance the text says, The two men said, "Why do you look for the living among the dead? 6He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: 7`The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.' " 8Then they remembered his words.
• They remembered when Jesus was with them anything was possible
• They recalled how he healed people from diseases
• They recalled Jesus casting out demons; they even remembered dead being brought back to life.
• Each of them probably remembered how he had touched each of their lives
5. In conclusion, The women found the stone rolled away, they found No Body, they found themselves Wondering, they found remembrance, and they found Hope as a result of an empty tomb. Jesus had said, " The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again. " they now believed everything Jesus had told them was true.
• The women found hope of salvation for a world in confusion as a result of an empty tomb. Church we have hope of being saved by the grace of a risen savior
• The empty tomb gives hope of sins washed away forever “he nailed our sins to an old rugged cross”
• The empty tomb gives hope to a people that we to can "this day be in paradise with him " as He told the thief on the cross. We can go to Heaven when we leave this world.
• The empty tomb gives us hope that death has no power over those who believe.
• The empty tomb gives the believers hope of one day we too will live with Him in that heavenly city.
• The empty tomb gives hope I'll never have to take a step in this world alone. He said, " I will not leave you comfort less but will send you the comforter the Holy Spirit. "
• The empty tomb causes each of us to wonder what will happen if I die without Jesus in my life?
• Was his death for someone like me?
• Is heaven real and is there no other way to heaven except to believe in Jesus Christ?
• Is it true, TO be saved I must bow before him, repent, and confess by sins?
• If we do that we can be forever saved today. The empty tomb says He has Risen, if we bow before him we to will find our lives have risen above the sins that once bound us. Then we can say Christ has died, Christ has risen, and Christ will come again.