Summary: How would your life change if you saw the glory of Jesus
They Saw the Glory of Jesus
How would your life change if you saw the glory of Jesus?
I. They saw the glory of Jesus.
A. Who did they see?
1. Moses – the Lawgiver and Elijah – the first of the prophets.
2. They were both dead, and they appeared to be alive. They prove the resurrection.
B. What was the purpose of this meeting?
1. It was to speak with Jesus about the coming death and resurrection. This makes even more sense when we consider what comes immediately before and after this event.
2. It was to help Jesus for what was to come.
3. It was to show the disciples the glory of Jesus.
C. Both Peter and John will relate this event in their writings:
1. Peter – 2 Peter 1:16-18
a. not fairy tales
b. we were eyewitnesses
2. John – John 1:14
a. We have seen His glory.
b. He dwelled among us.
1) He tabernacled among us
2) The tabernacle showed the presence and the glory of God among people.
II. The Significance of the Glory of Jesus.
A. It calls us to faith.
1. It is the means to our faith.
2. It is a proof that He is who He claimed to be, “This is my beloved Son…”
B. It keeps us in faith.
1. It is the object of our faith.
2. It is a proof that He is able what He claimed that he would do for us. Like Paul we can say, “I know whom I have believed!” (2 Tim 1:12).
C. It invites us to obey.
1. God said, “Listen Him!”
2. The listening here has the idea of obeying. Listening in way that we obey His words.
1 Peter 2:21 – “…an example, that you should follow in His steps.”
In 1989, a small church in Holland, Michigan was seeing for ways how to make Jesus they focus of their Christian life. Having read “In His Steps” by Charles Sheldon, they agreed with a company to produce a bracelet that would have the letters “WWJD” on it. The letters stand for “What Would Jesus Do?” and are meant to be asked before every thought or action that a child of God is to take. If we “Watch What Jesus Does,” then we will know “What Would Jesus Do?”