Summary: THREE DUNAMIS OF THE SPIRIT
TEXT: ACTS 2:1-4
First came a sound from Heaven as of a mighty, rushing wind. The sound filled the House. The sound of mighty wind with carrying power, that this was more than the breathing of the Spirit in regeneration that brings new life. It speaks of Power service.
On the Day of Pentecost, the sound of the tongues did gather the crowd, but what they heard was not speech or preaching. Rather it was the wonderful works of God. This may have been in the form of speak or cry out loudly and suddenly, often through surprise, anger, or excitement of PRAISE, speaking unto God. It was certainly WORSHIP, not preaching. If it were preaching it should have brought the Salvation of at least some (1 Cor. 1:21). But no one was saved as a result of the tongues.
Tonight we’ll be filled with the Spirit of God.
My brethren, let us prepare our Heart because the Holy Spirit will come to manifest in our Lives.
WE WILL TALK ABOUT THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT.
THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, WHAT IS IT?
POWER Greek Dunamis: This describes a moral, physical or Spiritual ability which resides in a person or object.
DUNAMIS- is the Supernatural Power of God which miracles occur, preaching is made effective, and people are strengthened to endure terrible persecutions and adversity.
The Spirit of God was PROPHESIED Paul quoted from (Is. 28:11) “In the law, it is written, with men and other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.”(1 Cor. 14:21)
The Spirit of God was PROMISE to come “Await the promise of the Father.” (Acts 1:13,14)
WHAT IS THE INITIAL, PHYSICAL EVIDENCE OF THE BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT?
SPEAKING IN TONGUES as one of the miraculous signs that would follow the life of the believer (Mark 16:17).
Paul encourage believer to speak in tongues (1 Cor. 14:1, 5, 18).
For those who accepted Christ in there life they had already the Spirit of God live in them but the baptism it is the empowerment for Mission and it edifies themselves.
The Spirit was already working for us as a faithful servant to Him, but
SUBJECT: THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT
THEME: 3 DUNAMIS OF THE SPIRIT
PROPOSITION: We Christians must be filled with the Holy Spirit.
TRANSITIONAL SENTENCE: 3 Dunamis Power of the Spirit need to remember as listed in below….
I. POWER FOR PUBLIC PROCLAMATION (Acts 1:4-8)
A. Definition of the word “PROCLAMATION”- the act of announcing something publicly or formally
B. Illustration: When I was baptized in The Spirit.
C. the Spirit is a Power for service, especially at the harvest fields(Acts 1:8)
-Speak with the demonstration of the Spirit’s Power (1 Cor. 2:4)
- The preaching of the gospel was accompanied by a special Power of the Holy Spirit (Mk. 16. 16: 17-18)
- Talk to God before talking to the person (Jm. 4: 1-20)
- The Spirit helps us to relax, have confidence, Boldness, Courage, Skill, Anointing and Wisdom in front of multitude to speak with them for the Power of God is within us.
D. Application: We must speak with Power and Authority of the Spirit
II. POWER FOR THE CHURCH (Eph. 1:19-23)
A. CHURCH – the body, the bride, the temple, a Wife, a Body, a building, a temple, a vineyard, a pillar, a vine, an assembly of citizens, and called out one in Greek word EKLESIA
B. Illustration: Swim at the River without water
C. This is for every believers in Christ to achieve victory over Satan and Sin.
- This Power is an activity; manifestation and strength of the Holy Spirit working within faithful believers.
- Some Place of worship fill DRYNESS upon there services because they are not allowing the Holy Spirit to move. We must open the door of our heart for the Holy Spirit or give space for Him.
- The Holy Spirit is the gift of God for every Believers of Christ, not just for Pastor only or for the selected members of the church but for whoever WILLING TO ASK, BELIEVE, and CONFESS for it.
- We can be baptize in the Spirit of God by FAITH.
D. Application: The Spirit of God is our Power
III. POWER FOR SPIRITUAL BATTLES (2 Cor. 10: 4-6)
A. Battle- Warfare from the enemy, to strive or contend in order to overcome or achieve something
B. Illustration: Experience in Zamora
C. - All Christians can encounter struggles with the forces of darkness.
- The passage like 2. Cor. 10: 4-6 promise that the Spirit gives us all the Power we need for this sort of Spiritual battle.
- The Spirit does not just give us Power to speak publicly for Jesus; He also gives us the Power to live purely for Jesus. He provides us with the ability to do incredible.