Summary: This message deals with the assurance of salvation. It is a part of my series from the book of Hebrews.
TEXT: Hebrews 6:13-20
Title: “Three Facts That Assure Our Salvation”
I. OUR SALVATION IS ASSURED BECAUSE OF WHO PROMISED IT TO US (VS. 13-16)
A. There is assurance because there is none greater than the one who made the promise (vs. 13-14).
1. He is the creator and sustainer of life (Col. 1:16-17).
2. He is the one who wields all power (Matt. 28:18-20)
3. He is the giver of every good gift (Jas. 1:17).
B. There is assurance because there are examples of God’s faithfulness (vs. 15-16).
1. God made a promise to Abraham and fulfilled it (text).
2. God made a promise to Moses (Exodus 3:10-12).
3. God made a promise to Paul (Acts 27:21-44)
4. God’s promise to us will not fail.
II. OUR SALVATION IS ASSURED BECAUSE OF HIS UNCAHANGABLE CHARACTER (VS. 17-18).
A. There are two unchangeable things we can rely on (vs.17-18).
1. God’s Character (Heb. 13:8; Mal. 3:6)
2. God’s Communication (Word)
B. It is impossible for God to lie (v. 18).
1. impossible = adunatov = unable to be done, impossible
2. When God promises something it will be done.
III. OUR SALVATION IS ASSURED BECAUSE OF JESUS’ FINISHED WORK (VS. 19-20).
A. Jesus is the anchor for our soul (v.19).
1. This anchor is sure (asfalhv= firm (that which can be relied on))
2. This anchor is steadfast (bebaiov= stable, fast)
3. This anchor is Jesus’ finished work.
B. Jesus has entered into the holy of holies for us (v.20).
1. Jesus entered the Holy of Holies for us.