Summary: 1. Gog Magog Battle, 2. Armageddon War 3. Post Millenium war after Christ's Kingdom is ushered in. -Rev 20:7).
Three Future Wars
1. Gog Magog Battle,
2. Armageddon War
3. Post Millenium war after Christ's Kingdom is ushered in. -Rev 20:7)
I believe Gog Magog and Armageddon are two battles.
1. In the Gog/Magog battle, several allies of Gog are mentioned, as opposing Israel. -Ezek.38 These are the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal. Gog is described as the prince of these countries or princes.
2. In the Armageddon war, ALL nations are engaged against Jerusalem (Joel 3:2; Zech 12:3; and 14:2)
4. Gog comes from the North (Ezek 38:6, 15),
while at Armageddon, the armies come from out of the whole earth beginning in the east. (Joel:2, Zech12:3 and 14:2)
5. Gog comes to take a spoil (Ezek 38:11-12), while at Armageddon the nations of the earth assemble themselves together specifically to destroy the people of God.
6. Gog is the head of the armies at his invasion (Ezek.38:15), but at Armageddon the beast is at the head (Rev. 19:19)
7. There is a protest against Gog's invasion (Ezek. 38:13),
but at Armageddon there is no such protest because all the nations of the earth have joined themselves with the Beast in his attack against Jerusalem.
8. Gog is overthrown by divine intervention through the convolutions of nature (Ezek 38:22) , but the armies at Armageddon are destroyed by the sword which goes out of Christ's mouth (Rev 19:15) and by the Lord my God and ALL the saints (Zech 14:5).
9. Gog's armies array themselves in the open fields (Ezek 39:5) while at Armageddon they are seen in the city of Jerusalem (Zech 14:2; Rev. 11:2).
10. Gog's armies are destroyed outside of Jerusalem on the mountains and in the valleys (Ezek39:2-4) and take 7 months for the people of Jerusalem to bury, while the Beast and his armies of Armageddon are destroyed in the city of
Jerusalem itself (Zech 12:2; 14:2)
11. The Lord calls for assistance in executing judgement on Gog (Ezek 38:21), while at Armageddon He is viewed as treading the wine-press alone. - (Rev. 19:15; Isaiah 63:3-6).
12. The invasion by Gog will be sudden and will come with relatively little warning (Ezek. 38:11), but much preparation of Armageddon will be viewed by most of the world.
Revelation 20: 2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, 3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. 7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. 9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. 10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are,