Summary: The Bible mentions three laws. This is a message about those laws.
THREE POWERFUL LAWS
INTRO: There are three laws mentioned in the Bible. They are all separate. They are: the Law of Sin; the Law of Moses; and the Law of Grace.
Tonight, let’s look at each one.
I. THE LAW OF SIN AND DEATH.
A. This law has control over man.
B. It brings forth death.
C. The origin of the Law of Sin.
1. Before man sinned there was no such law.
2. After Adam sinned, man inherited an inward sin.
D. The law of sin controls the body.
1. Romans 6:12-13.
2. The law, when allowed to remain, controls all parts of
II. LAW OF MOSES.
A. Hebrews 7:11.
B. What the law couldn’t do in that it was weak:
1. Break the bonds of iniquity.
2. When put to the test it was inadequate against the Law
C. Sacrifice under the Law would not take away sin
D. Under Moses law, men were forgiven but not cleansed.
III. LAW OF GRACE.
A. This Law was instituted in Christ Jesus for everyone.
B. Free from the domination of sin (Romans 6: 14-15).
C. We are servants of righteousness under the new law.
1. The members of the body are not yielded to sin.
2. We are no longer bondmen.
D. Law of Grace fulfilling the Law of Moses.
1. Moses law was good and Holy, it taught righteousness.
2. It’s failure was that it proposed commandments without