Summary: IT IS NOT GOD’S WILL FOR HIS CHILDREN TO WALK IN DEFEAT, BUT TO LIVE DAILY IN VICTORY.
Title: Three Steps To Victorious Living
Intro: ABC Wide World of Sports use to come on with the words “The Thrill of Victory and the agony of defeat.” There is nothing as exciting as winning. The taste of victory in our lives is sweet. Victory is essential to our health and happiness. Defeat is destructive to our lives, and remaining in defeat can destroy our faith. It is not God’s will for your life to walk in defeat, but it is His will for you and I to rise-up in the middle of Satan’s attacks upon our lives and live in victory.
I. To Live in Victory you must think Victorious
1. Gloom breads failure
- It is impossible to live in victory without a victorious concept
- The old saying goes you are what you eat.
- The same is true for our lives:
· If you are defeated in your thought life with negative thoughts of failure then you will never win.
· But If you put your mind into victory and HOPE you will always win.
- We have hope
· I don’t want to fall into the hands of a doctor without HOPE
· I don’t want to fall into the hands of a lawyer without HOPE
· I don’t want to fall into the hands of a minister without HOPE
- We serve the God of hope
· Not the God of defeat
· Not the God of pessimism
· Not the God of disillusion
· We have HOPE and beyond We have blessed assurance
- You can live in doom and gloom or you can live your life surrounded in HOPE
2. David never allowed himself to focus on problems
- He will never be remembered as a blues singer
- He had bumps in life
- He had battles in life
- He had failures in life
- He had difficulties in life
- He wept
- He mourned
- BUT he learned to live in praise
3. Learning to Live in Praise in Essential to Victorious Living
- Praise builds our courage
- Praise builds our faith
· Praise puts our faith into action
· The building of our faith pleases God; It excites God when we trust Him.
· Praising God in the midst of our trials is like saying: “God you are my source of strength and though storms rise and winds howl, my trust is in you.”
- Praise brings the power of Heaven to our aid