Summary: God who is almighty and eternal, stands outside the realm of time. You and I look at time in a three dimensional way. We see it as "past, present and future".
" The 3 T’s - Time, Treasure, and Talent" series part 2 of 3
Text: Ecc. 3:1-11 & Selected
Cross Creek Community Church
Pastor Dave Martin - Feb. 11, 2001
God’s Word is Powerful, Relevant, and Life Changing!
Eccles. 3:1-11 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: ..... 11He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
We will WORSHIP and SERVE our Lord for all eternity!
Today, be using your 3T’s - Time, Treasures, & Talents.
How hard is it to give of your time? God desires your heart, then He’ll have your time, treasures, and talents. This morning allow the Holy Spirit to confront you face to face with your use of time. Each one of us has a purpose for which we have been created. God is almighty and eternal who stands outside the realm of time. We look at time in a three dimensional way, past, present and future.
Every moment comes to you pregnant with a divine purpose; time being so precious that God deals it out only second by second. Once it leaves your hands and your power to do with it as you please, it plunges into eternity, to remain forever what you made it.
* Einstein’s theory of relativity E=MC2 which basically says the faster we travel, slower the time.
I. Understanding Time...
1. God is the CREATOR and MASTER of time.
Psalm 90:1-2 (quickview)  Lord, you have been our dwelling place throughout all generations. 2Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.
* God is the creator and master of time - Gen 1:1"In the beginning God created"
1 Cor. 2:7 No, we speak of God’s secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began.
* We stand in time and see it in a linear fashion of past, present and future. God stands outside of any time constraints.
A. W. Tozer - God dwells in eternity, but time dwells in God. He has already lived all our tomorrow’s as he has lived all our yesterdays.
* The great I AM, the forever, eternal, self-existent one. The forever present I AM. Ex. 3:14; Jn 8:58
* Absolutely impossible to describe an infinite eternal God, not bound by time.
* Time had a beginning, God did not, for He is the Creator and Master of time.
2. Time is PRECIOUS, use it wisely.
* We are all creatures of time. We’re all given various amounts of time to use while alive.
* To some, it is very short but to others, it may be for 70 - 80 years or longer. Ps. 90:10
* Once time is gone, it can never be reclaimed or changed - it is forever fixed in eternity.