Summary: Most people know too well the responsibilities of the pastor but over look the responsibilities of the church. This series outlines some of theose biblical task and reveals what the church should be doing in the day and age we live. God Bless, Hope this s
Responsibility Of The Church
To Glorify God
Text: Eph 3:21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
II Th 1:12 That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
The second responsibility of the church is to Glorify God
We looked last week at how we bring Glory to God by our
- it is more than what you say
- it is who you are
- it is what you are when no one sees
- It is not just saying you are a Christian
- It is being a Christian
Being a man or woman of God and living a life that brings glory to Him
Matt 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
We must speak words of
- we must live a open an honest life
What you speak reveals your
- who you are
- your moral fiber
It reveals the condition of your spirit
1 Pet 2:12 Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.
I want to add tonight that we bring glory to God not only by what we speak and who we are but we also bring glory to God by standing together as a church
Rom 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
For a church to be strong there must be a singleness of mind
- we must be thinking and heading in the same direction
What is it to be likeminded?
- it means that we are of one mind
- it means that we are in agreement
- it means we are in accord
That we are all thinking on the same wave length
God is not glorified in chaos
Christ came to bring order to the world
The devil came to bring disorder
His aim is to steal the glory of God and he does this by bringing
God has brought us together as a people for a common purpose
- this church has a purpose
- this church has a plan
- this church is heading in a definite direction
And for us to get where God wants us to be we must be likeminded
Ex. Can you imagine driving a car with four drivers?
They each want to go somewhere else
- one wants to go to the mall
- one wants to go to visit a friend
- one wants to drive along the beach
- and another one doesn’t want to do anything
This car would get nowhere
- it would go in circles
- one would pull it right
- another would pull it left
- another would trough it in reverse
- and still another would put the brake on
As a result no one would end up getting were they wanted to go except the one who wanted to go nowhere and that turned out to be the devil
If we are not likeminded then not only do we not bring glory to God but we also don’t accomplish anything and the devil wins
Each one of us must be working together for the harmony of the church
This means we are not
- gossiping about one another
- ignoring or shutting out one another