Summary: From a pure heart, a good conscience, and a sincere faith will flow the love God expects in His children.
To Love My Neighbor
We really have no problem approaching the concept of loving our Holy Father with every part of our being but it is not so easy to love our neighbor as ourselves.
In his first letter to Timothy, Paul gives us the source of this love:
#1 Love from a pure heart
A. God has always desired the pure in heart
1. The concept of a pure heart is a rich Old Testament theme.
a. The psalmist asks, “Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord? And who may stand in His holy place?” (Psalm 24:3 (quickview) ). He then answers his question, “He who has clean hands and a pure heart” (Psalm 24:4 (quickview) ).
1. Singularity of heart
a. Luke 16:13 (quickview)  "No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be devoted to one and despise the other You cannot serve God and wealth."
c. Colossians 3:1 - 3 (quickview)  Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
3. "Pure" gold or sugar, refined to remove impurities.
a. Hebrews 10:19 - 22 (quickview)  Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.
B. A Heart of Pure What?
1. Colossians 3:12-13 (quickview)  So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you.
2. Love flows from a pure heart of righteousness.
#2 Love from a good conscience
A. A Good Conscience is heard and felt?
1. Agathos (good) is that which is perfect, producing pleasure, satisfaction, and a sense of well-being.
a. The conscience is the God-created self-judging faculty of man. It either affirms or accuses a person
Romans 2:14-15 (quickview)  For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them,
b. When you know something is wrong and do it, do you feel guilty?