Summary: What is the message of transfiguration?
“Transfiguration” Matthew 17:1-9 what is the message in Transfiguration
1. Is the transfiguration story a story to teach us about Privilege and Obligation like he told Peter James and John he led them up on a high mountain?
2. Is the Transfiguration a story to teach us about change, about transformation, conversion, . 2Scripture says, he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light
3. Is the transfiguration a story that teaches us about the law and the prophets before them stood the law giver Moses and The greatest Prophet Elijah
4. Is the transfiguration a story about the words of the Voice in the cloud that voice Identifies Jesus as His Son, is it about Gods being so pleased with Jesus, or is the story about listening to Jesus, “the voice said listen to Him”.
5. Is transfiguration story about the identity of Jesus? The voice wants us to know “This is my beloved Son” In whom I am well pleased, Hear Him
• This is Gods Son, The Christ, The Anointed One, The Logos World made flesh,
• Is transfiguration about what the voice said, With Jesus I am well pleased” With Jesus God is well pleased he “meaning he grew in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and all the people.” Is God expressing His pleasure in Jesus’ godly character and spiritual maturity. He was pleased with the way he conducted himself with love and care
• Is the Message of transfiguration we need to “listen to Him”
• Listen to him!” A.W. Tozer said, “It’s the nature of God to speak.” He wants to have fellowship with you, and He wants you to hear Him—all the time.
• We can know when Jesus is speaking by seeking And you will seek for Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.” –Jeremiah 29:13
• When Jesus speaks it is the still small voice, softly tenderly Jesus is calling, John Wesley called it “my heart was strangely warmed”,
• Billy Graham said, “God has the ability to speak to those who believe in Him.”
• Jesus said, His sheep Here his voice”
• Jesus speaks I have heard him speak in revivals hearts transformed
• Jesus speaks I heard him when I heard these words this week. Hey Gerald I just got the news my pet scan was clear with no suspicious activity! I have been blessed yet one more time! Glory to God! I heard Jesus say, “all things are possible to them that believe” Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?"
• Jesus speaks I heard him when a young man was able to identify his sister DEBBIE Keith Cordell. I heard Jesus say, “young man I say unto you arise” as he did the widows son
• Jesus speaks I heard him when a woman known as (bag lady) catches the bus from Bluefield to the end of road at nursing home to go see her daughter every day. I heard Jesus say this is what love is never failing to care, no vehicle, no money, but lots of love!
6. Is the message of transfiguration “Go Tell” Jesus said , Don’t tell until after my resurrection
• He has risen go tell about your privilege and obligation to him
• Go tell about The words of the Lord that transforms us, Go tell about Law and the prophets, go tell about the The Christ, Go tell about how he has spoke to you.