Summary: True Love is priceless because within the confines of true love we can experience #1 Freedom, #2 Unity and #3 Peace.
• I have had the blessed opportunity to sit down and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ so far with two of my three children.
• I’m still praying for my youngest and I have faith that he will one day come to know Jesus as his Lord and Savior.
• Not only have shared the gospel with them, I have seen them accept Jesus Christ and have had the opportunity to baptize them.
• How truly precious it is to be able to share the Gospel with your children and see them come to Jesus Christ!
• As I have mentioned before, years ago my grandmother started giving me some of my grandfather’s things to me.
• One of those things that she gave me was an old handkerchief.
• There’s nothing special about this handkerchief; it’s just made of plain material. It’s been used a lot so it’s not in mint conditions.
• One of the things that this handkerchief has been used for is in the baptism of my children.
• I’ve done that just as a small token to remember the spiritual heritage and foundation that my grandparents set for me.
• Those special times of sharing Jesus Christ with my children are very priceless to me; nothing can replace those memories.
• Also, just as this handkerchief looks like nothing to you, it is priceless to me because of who it belonged to.
• Today, we come to the conclusion of our study in Song of Songs.
• We have seen where the man and the woman started with a true joy to their love.
• We have seen that even though their desires for one another were strong, they waited to express their love in a physical manner.
• We have seen also that this couple waited till the appropriate time to express their love, which was after their marriage.
• Also, we have seen the bride’s emotions as she expressed her true love for him and the groom’s devotion to his bride as he expressed his true love for her.
• This Groom and Bride have found something very special, true love and their true love is priceless.
• What makes true love priceless?
• True Love is priceless because within the confines of true love we can experience #1 Freedom, #2 Unity and #3 Peace.
• Last week we ended with Song of Songs 7:9; in this verse the man was interrupted by his bride but she was in agreement with his thought – they truly belonged to one another.
• Throughout this study we have seen the man call to his bride a few times to go away with him but they resisted.
• Now, after their marriage, we see in v11 where the woman now has the freedom to call her husband to go away with her.
• We have seen the emotions that the bride had about losing her virginity and especially after her wedding night; those feelings of anxiety and tension have left and now she is free to love her husband.
• She paints the picture of a country setting in these verses but the point of all this is found in v12 –“ There I will give you my love.”