Summary: What you are believing about God could be killing you.
Genesis 1:27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
Psalm 86:11 Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
1. Do you trust the information you have about God?
2. What would help you to trust Him more?
3. How do you know if your thoughts about trusting God are accurate?
4. What you believe that is false could be killing you!
How is Trust Built?
1. It takes time.
2. It takes fidelity. (infidelity breaks trust.)
3. In the scriptures trust and faith are the same. Your faith in God also reveals your ability to trust him.
Exodus 20:5 The iniquity of the fathers to the 3rd and 4th gen.
The Trust is Sealed
1. Pentecost: Jesus did what he promised. He sent the Comforter.
2. The Holy Spirit’s job: Is to draw people into a trustworthy relationship with him.
3. Sanctification: The gift of ongoing power, enabling us to grow in our trust.