Summary: Two Great Sins of Israel! The Children of Israel committed many sins against the Lord, but there are two great sins that they did that can tie the hands of God. Today, we find these same two sins holding back believers, and in turn hold back the unconvert
Two Great Sins of Israel!
The Children of Israel committed many sins against the Lord, but there are two great sins that they did that can tie the hands of God. Today, we find these same two sins holding back believers, and in turn hold back the unconverted from coming to the living Christ. To understand this message read carefully the following passage of scripture.
Ps 78:10 They kept not the covenant of God, and refused to walk in his law; Ps 78:11 And forgat his works, and his wonders that he had shewed them. Ps 78:12 Marvellous things did he in the sight of their fathers, in the land of Egypt, in the field of Zoan. Ps 78:13 He divided the sea, and caused them to pass through; and he made the waters to stand as an heap. Ps 78:14 In the daytime also he led them with a cloud, and all the night with a light of fire. Ps 78:15 He clave the rocks in the wilderness, and gave them drink as out of the great depths. Ps 78:16 He brought streams also out of the rock, and caused waters to run down like rivers. Ps 78:17 And they sinned yet more against him by provoking the most High in the wilderness. Ps 78:18 And they tempted God in their heart by asking meat for their lust. Ps 78:19 Yea, they spake against God; they said, Can God furnish a table in the wilderness? Ps 78:20 Behold, he smote the rock, that the waters gushed out, and the streams overflowed; can he give bread also? can he provide flesh for his people? Ps 78:21 Therefore the LORD heard this, and was wroth: so a fire was kindled against Jacob, and anger also came up against Israel; Ps 78:22 Because they believed not in God, and trusted not in his salvation: Ps 78:23 Though he had commanded the clouds from above, and opened the doors of heaven,
Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
I. God did great things for Israel! Ps 78:12 Marvellous things did he in the sight of their fathers, in the land of Egypt
A. God led them out of Egypt, a land of bondage.
1. When God saves us, when we are ’born again’, He leads us out of the bondage we were in ’kingdom of darkness’.
B. The children of Israel committed two great sins.
1. The first sin was when they questioned God and said "Can God?"
2. After all God did for them they questioned God if He could supply their needs.
3. How many times have we done the same?
Phil 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
4. We like the Children of Israel can forget what God has done for us. My 95-year-old mother writes down everything she wants to remember. That way, instead of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it is she wrote down, she spends the time looking for the paper it was written down on.
5. Let not thy Word, O Lord, become a judgment upon us, that we hear it and do it not, that we believe it and obey it not.
II. God always can.
A. He is always there. He will never leave us or forsake us.
Matt. 28:20 ..... I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
B. He can do any thing. Nothing is impossible for Him. (Mark 9:23 KJV) Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
C. It is never, "Can God?’ It is always, "God Can!"
D. I assure you He is always on time.
II. Their second great sin was they did not believe God or trust in His great Salvation.
Ps 78:22 Because they believed not in God, and trusted not in his salvation:
A. How many of us are guilty of this sin.
B. Do we truly believe God and trust in His salvation?
1. If we did, we would live a fully victorious live.
2. We would be over comers.
3. We would do the works of Christ. John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
4. We would take God at His Word. Look at Luke 5: 4 Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught. 5. And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net. 6 And when they had this done, they enclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.