Summary: Two Great Sins In this sermon outline we point out the two great sins of Israel that resulted in much unnecessary misfortune in the lives. If they would have avoided these two sins they could have experienced blessings instead of cursing. I believe that
Two Great Sins
In this sermon outline we point out the two great sins of Israel that resulted in must unnecessary misfortune in the lives. If they would have avoided these two sins they could have experienced blessings instead of cursing. I believe that we too today, must avoid the same failures as Israel.
Ps 78:10 They kept not the covenant of God, and refused to walk in his law; that he had shewed them. 78:12 Marvellous things did he in the sight of their fathers, in the land of Egypt, in the field of Zoan. Ps 78:13 He divided the sea, and caused them to pass through; and he made the waters to stand as an heap. Ps 78:14 In the daytime also he led them with a cloud, and all the night with a light of fire. Ps 78:15 He clave the rocks in the wilderness, and gave them drink as out of the great depths. Ps 78:16 He brought streams also out of the rock, and caused waters to run down like rivers. Ps 78:17 And they sinned yet more against him by provoking the most High in the wilderness. Ps 78:18 And they tempted God in their heart by asking meat for their lust. Ps 78:19 Yea, they spake against God; they said, Can God furnish a table in the wilderness? Ps 78:20 Behold, he smote the rock, that the waters gushed out, and the streams overflowed; can he give bread also? can he provide flesh for his people? Ps 78:21 Therefore the LORD heard this, and was wroth: so a fire was kindled against Jacob, and anger also came up against Israel; Ps 78:22 Because they believed not in God, and trusted not in his salvation: Ps 78:23 Though he had commanded the clouds from above, and opened the doors of heaven,
I. They kept not the covenant of God, this was their first sin.
A. They knew what God had promised and what He required of them.
B. God wants us to keep His covenants.
1. Keeping them will open the blessing of the Lord.
2. Tithing and giving brings the blessing of heaven into our lives. Malachi 3:10-12 (AMP) 10 Bring all the tithes (the whole tenth of your income) into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and prove Me now by it, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. 11 And I will rebuke the devourer [insects and plagues] for your sakes and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground, neither shall your vine drop its fruit before the time in the field, says the Lord of hosts. 12 And all nations shall call you happy and blessed, for you shall be a land of delight, says the Lord of hosts.
3. The covenant after the Flood was made not only between God and man, but also between God and the animals and the earth. What did God give as the sign of this covenant? A rainbow (Genesis 9:13)
4. 2. In God’s covenant with Abraham, what ceremonial rite was made mandatory for all Abraham’s male descendants? Circumcision (Genesis 17:9-14)
5. 3. In the covenant between God and Israel at Sinai, the agreement was broken almost immediately afterward by the Israelites. What did they do that was an infringement of the covenant? They built and worshiped a graven image, the golden calf (Exodus 32)
6. 4. According to Jeremiah’s vision, where would the new covenant between God and man be written? On men’s hearts (Jeremiah 31:33)
7. 5. In the New Testament, a new covenant is instituted by Jesus. What does he use to symbolize this new covenant? Wine, which symbolizes the blood of sacrifice (Mark 14:24
II. God did great things for Israel. Ps 78:11 And forgat his works, and his wonders
A. God led them out.
B. God provided everything they needed.
C. He will do the same today. Philippians 4:19 (KJV) But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
III. There second sin was that, They sinned against the Lord by saying. "Can God?"
1. God always can
2. It does not matter in what part of the world we are, God has always made a way.
3. It is never Can God? IT IS ALWAYS GOD CAN!
4. My wife and I have proved it into over 125 countries He has taken us with our ministry. We have always gone by faith and He has always provided.
a. Paul overcame.
IV. We like Israel are a very special people.
A. He expects us to live and walk in faith in Him and His Word.