Summary: A message looking at today’s church in comparison to the Jerusalem church.
UNIFYING THE CHURCH
INTRO: The church at Jerusalem was a perfect example for any local church to pattern after. Any local church that will pay the same price may have the same victory.
The church at Jerusalem lost all interest in everything except spirituality. They gave themselves completely to God.
I. UNITY IN THE FIRST CHURCH.
A. They were of One Accord.
1. Jesus had ascended to heaven.
2. They were waiting on his promise of the Holy Spirit.
3. He found them in one accord.
B. They had all things common.
1. The believers were all together. They shared.
2. They sold all they had.
a. Men will part from their money when there is something
they really want.
b. They were desirous of the things of the Lord.
C. This was unique to the first church. It is not necessary of the
II. THE POWER OF A UNIFIED CHURCH.
A. Signs following the believers.
1. Before his ascension, Jesus told them of certain signs (Mark
2. After Pentecost, the signs followed them.
3. Only the Disciples had this power.
B. The sick were healed.
1. One of the signs was the healing they did.
2. The first report after Pentecost was the lame man at the
C. Men were convicted of their sins.
1. The People in the upper room saw the disciples receive the
2. Some of them were convicted of their sins.
3. Any church that is unified will bring conviction upon the
III. PROGRESS OF A UNIFIED CHURCH.
A. Three thousand were saved.
1. That same day, 3,000 were added to the church.
a. They were attracted by the spirit in the church.
b. Any spirit-filled church will grow.
2. Any church without the spirit will die.
3. Churches are disbanded and sold because they are dead.
B. A Spiritual Church will have favor with the people.
1. Some people will not like it, but enough will like it, and
the Church will have influence.
2. Those who don’t like it will die away.