Summary: God has given you spiritual gift(s) to build and bless others in the body of Christ.
Question: How many ministers does CWBC have? 1? 4? Everyone? Nowhere does the Bible teach the pastor is the only minister. The Bible teaches all Christians are ministers. READ 1 Peter 4:10-11. “Each one” received a gift. God is a giver.
1. GOD GAVE YOU GIFTS.
THREE GIFTS GOD GIVES YOU THE MOMENT YOU TRUST JESUS CHRIST AS LORD AND SAVIOR ARE:
1. God gives you eternal life. When I open my life to Jesus Christ I am given eternal life. The Bible says, “The wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” I never have to worry about my future; I know I am going to heaven. My future is solid and secure.
2. God gives you His Holy Spirit. The moment I give my life to Jesus Christ, God gives me the Holy Spirit to live inside of me. The Bible teaches that God has given us His Spirit to fill our hearts with His love. And he will never leave you nor forsake you and you will never be alone. Most of you know about these two gifts. However, there is a third gift that God gives you the minute you give your life to Christ.
3. God gives you a gift to use for His purpose. It is a spiritual gift. In Romans 12:6 the Bible says, “Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them.” Ex. God has richly blessed one of our friends who attends another church. He is an extremely wealthy man. He uses God’s blessings to RICHLY bless others.
When you are saved you become a follower of Jesus Christ. And He never asks you to do something He doesn’t give you the ability to do. So when He gives you a new life purpose, He also at the point of salvation, gives you a special gift or gifts to fulfill that purpose.
The Bible teaches that every Christian has at least one gift. This spiritual gift differs from our natural ability. Everybody has natural abilities. But only believers have spiritual gifts. READ ROMANS 12:3-8
God chooses the ones you are going to get. They are given by grace—you don’t earn the gift. It is just God’s free gift to you. Any time you are serving God, and you are bearing fruit, and you are enjoying it, you are demonstrating giftedness. (1 Peter 4, Romans 12, 1 Cor. 12, Eph. 4).
2. GOD GAVE YOU GIFTS TO USE.
Why is it important that you know your spiritual gift? There are at least five reasons:
1. God’s gifts show His plan for your life.
2. God’s gifts build your self esteem.
3. God’s gifts fulfill your life.
4. God’s gifts build His church
5. God’s gifts bring Him glory!
1. God’s Gifts Show His Plan For Your Life.
The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 12:4-6 “4 There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all.”
Your spiritual gifts determine how God wants you to serve Him. Once you understand what your spiritual gift is, it answers a lot of questions for you. “What is God’s will for my life? “What does he want me to do now that I am a Christian?” “What should be my ministry?” “How should I spend my time?”