Summary: HOW TO WAIT ❶. Silently ❷. Observantly ❸. Expectantly ❹. Obediently
- We are in a hurry and we don’t like waiting
-Waiting for a repacment lense
- Phone calls have not helped
Pastor Philip Brooks
A church member finds Dr. Brooks pacing his office. He asks what is the matter
Dr. Brooks replies “I’m in a hurry and God is not”
- How do you spend your time waiting?
- Today you have to be at the airport 2 hours before your flight leaves
- Waiting time in an office
- We get Lexi to the church the 75 min before the meeting starts
- Do you find waiting tedious?
— Not when we are puffing up a hill we cry out WAIT
- Waiting can be tedious exasperating time
- Waiting can be the best most rewarding time
- Some form of “WAIT” is found almost 150 times
“Wait Upon the Lord” 4 places
17 And I will wait upon the LORD, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him.
2 Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the LORD our God, until that he have mercy upon us.
9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
- We do get tired weary discouraged
- Waiting is where you place your eyes
- Abraham a man of waiting- Promised a son in his old age
- He waited 25 years for Isaac
It involves trust
- His love and character
HOW TO WAIT
❶.. Silently — To enjoy communion
Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation.
❷. Observantly – To Make Petition
I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
❸. Expectantly – To find Protection
2 O LORD, be gracious unto us; we have waited for thee: be thou their arm every morning, our salvation also in the time of trouble.
❹. Obediently – To Receive Direction
5 Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.
Ps 27 - The secret of overcoming distress is WAIT