Summary: As Christians, we walk by faith and not by sight. Our faith level is increased by the amount of time we spend in the Word of God. When we walk by faith, we are expressing to God that we have confidence in Him and His Word.
* As Christians, we walk by faith and not by sight.
* Our faith level is increased by the amount of time we spend in the Word of God.
* When we walk by faith, we are expressing to God that we have confidence in Him and His Word.
* Our faith that is put into action brings the manifestation of the blessing or the glory of God.
* Walking by faith should be part of our daily routine. The more faith you have, the larger God will grow your ministry.
* Let us look to the scriptures to see how we increase our faith walk.
A. As Christians we walk in the confidence of the Word of God (Faith).
1. Living a life of faith pleases God.
2. God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
(NKJV) Hebrews 11 6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
3. Diligent = attentive, thorough, hard working, conscientious. (Does that describe you this morning)
4. You are to walk by faith and not by sight.
(NKJV) 2 Corinthians 5 6 So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. 7 For we walk by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.
5. We must learn how to develop a lifestyle of faith.
B. You have been made the righteousness of God by faith in the blood of Jesus.
(NKJV) Romans 10 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”
1. Your righteousness is not based on your good works, but based on what God has done.
2. Confessing your sins and believing in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, you receive salvation.
a. Salvation includes protection, peace, joy, wholeness and soundness.
b. The more Word you speak, the greater your faith becomes.
c. You are saved by the grace of God.
(NKJV) Ephesians 2 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
d. Every Christian has been given the measure of faith
i. We all start out with the same faith level when we become born again.
(NKJV) Romans 12 3 For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.
ii. Our levels of faith vary from one another when you spend time meditating and doing the Word of God.
3. Faith comes by hearing the Word of God as it is preached.
(NKJV) Romans 10 17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
a. You can’t believe the Word unless you first hear it.
b. You can’t have confidence or faith in something you have no knowledge.
C. We are overcomers because of our faith walk.
(NKJV) 1 John 5 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.
1. Our faith is our victory.
a. No matter what it looks like in the flesh, we must press forward in our faith. In the end we win.
2. When we walk by faith, we are walking in the confidence of God’s Word.
3. The Devil wants you to believe what you can see, but, the unseen spiritual realm is more real than what you can see.
a. The spiritual realm is eternal, while the natural realm is temporary.
b. If you can see it, then it is subject to change and you need no faith for that.
4. When we put our trust and confidence in God’s Word, it will produce victory.
* Faith must be part of our daily lifestyle.
* We walk by faith and not by sight.