Summary: Learning to walk with God.
WALKING IN THE FIRE Daniel 3:8-30
Many times the children of God must walk in the midst of the flames to walk with the fourth man: CHRIST: This age is not without its fiery furnace. Every age must be faced with much testing.
I. THE DEMANDS MADE ON THE CHILDREN OF GOD. (Threats) (vs. 12-15)
1. They did not demand them to deny religion.
a. They could still be religious.
2. They demanded they recognize man’s religion.
a. Just to refrain from narrowness.
3. They demanded they include man’s religion with God’s truth.
a. Just a union with man’s religion
4. They demanded they participate in man’s religious program.
a. They demand their backing in program.
II. THE DECISION MADE BY THE CHILDREN OF GOD. (Testimony) (vs. 16-18)
1. Their decision was against religious opinion.
a. Against public opinion.
2. Their decision was without a bargain with God.
a. If God did not choose to deliver them their answer was still no.
b. They took all ifs and buts out of service.
3. Their decision was professed before all.
a. They did not make it in hiding.
III. THE DELIVERANCE OF GOD’S CHILDREN.
(Testing) (vs. 19-25)
1. Their testing bonds only burned away their bonds.
a. This is all testing ﬁres can do.
b. They are a way to be set free from many things in our lives.
2. These testing fires brought death to others.
a. The tools of testing are the ones to fall in them.
3. These testing ﬁres revealed Christ presence to some.
a. To the tested.
b. To the testers (only way they ever saw Jesus)
IV. THE DECREE MADE ABOUT THE CHILDREN OF GOD. (Triumph) (vs. 29-30)
1. It was decreed they were God’s men. (v. 28)
a. This is a way God gives us a testimony of our identification.
2. They decreed their God was supreme. (v. 29)
a. They gave glory to God.
3. The king decreed their God should be worshiped.
WHEN WILL OUR PRESIDENT DECREE THAT GOD SHOULD BE WORSHIPPED?!
a. God’s position unquestioned by their triumph.