Summary: DEVELOPING YOUR FAITH
DEVELOPING YOUR FAITH
Matt 14:25-32 walking on the sea
1. 4 watches 3 hrs each began at 6pm 4th watch began at 3am
2. Fear gripped their heart – duh someone walking on the water
3. Jesus’ voice will calm any fear
4. Peter still not convinced said “if” it’s you bid me to come.
5. Careful what you ask for. – Jesus said come
6. Peter’s fear turned to skepticism then to faith and Peter walked on the water
7. Peter then moved from faith to fear to faith
Peter was caught up in a moment of faith filling excitement
He felt the wind saw the waves & came back to the natural reality
When his faith was challenged he went back to what he knew – SWIM
Peter then called out to what he did know – Jesus
8. They entered the boat and the wind stopped.
This was a test for Peter as the conditions were set up