Summary: A sermon reminding us of the promises that God gives His people.
WE ARE HIS PEOPLE
Psa 100 1 Make a joyful shout to the LORD, all you lands! 2Serve the LORD with gladness; Come before His presence with singing. 3Know that the LORD, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. 4Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. 5For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations.
Over the last 11 days, I have had the pleasure and privilege of visiting 11 countries in Central Europe.
• I have traveled by jet plane, bus, car, van, trolley and train
• I’ve traveled over 13,000 miles & seen tens of thousands of people
• The conclusion that I have come to is simply that PEOPLE... are PEOPLE!
At a train station is Como, Italy... I saw a stressed out mother correcting her children
• At a bridge in Prague, I spoke with a beggar who was down on his luck
• I met a police officer in Austria who was having a bad day
• In Budapest, Hungary, I saw an elderly couple very much in love, holding hands as they walked down the street
• At an altar in Debrecen, I saw a teenage girl with tears streaming down her face as she accepted Jesus as her savior
• Throughout Europe, I saw happy people, sad people, people in love, people in despair, short people, tall people, heavy people, small people, rich people, poor people.... PEOPLE... are PEOPLE!
• People are people...but we are God’s people...
Psa 100 3Know that the LORD, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
Hallelujah, we are His People!
Regardless of any other situation in our life...
• Regardless of any other ‘tag’ or ‘title’ that we add to our name or nationality...
• We are HIS people!
The Bible says, WE ARE... His people!!
IF we ARE His people... there are some PROMISES that we can CLAIM!
1. I go on RECORD this morning accepting His promise that God WILL NOT ABANDON His people!
1 Sam 12:22 For the LORD will not forsake His people, for His great name’s sake, because it has pleased the LORD to make you His people.
Psa 94:14 For the LORD will not cast off His people,
• Everybody else may turn their back on you...
• Everybody else may disappoint you and forsake you...
• But child of God.... He has PROMISED us in His Word He will stand with us!
Deut 31:6 Be strong & of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you."
Deut 31:8 And the LORD, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed."
Joshua 1:5 ...I will not leave you nor forsake you.
1 Kings 8:57 ....May He not leave us nor forsake us,
1 Chron 28:20 And David said to his son Solomon, "Be strong and of good courage, and do it; do not fear nor be dismayed, for the LORD God--my God--will be with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you...
Hebrews 13:5 ... For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."