Summary: We give our LORD a Hallelujah as a result of the significance of His name the 7 I am's of Jesus, the one who is exceptional, He is extraordinary, and He is exalted.
We give a Hallelujah because of the Ministry we find in the Psalms
• The Psalm we read today offers us the Ministry of Hallelujah (Praise the Lord)
• The sun the moon, the great creatures all have the Hallelujah.7Praise the LORD from the earth, you great sea
creatures and all ocean depths
• The Natural elements give a great Hallelujah 8lightning and hail, snow and clouds, stormy winds that
do his bidding,
• Likewise mountains, tress, animals, Kings, Princes, and all humanity give a Big Hallelujah
Why do these give such a Hallelujah?
1. They give A Hallelujah as a result of His Name Yahweh YHWH
13Let them praise the name of the LORD, for his name alone is exalted;
A. Moses asked God who do I say have sent me? 14God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM.
B This is what you are to say to the Israelites: `I AM has sent me to you.' I am Means "He who is" or "He
who is truly present." or "I will be to you all that I am."
2. We to give a Hallelujah because of The Name I am. The seven I am s of Jesus Name
A. Jesus Declared His Name as "I am the Bread of life"
John 6: 35Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry,
and he who believes in me will never be thirsty. Jesus is I am the Manna Bread from Heaven.
C. We give a big Hallelujah because of the Jesus is the Light of the World
12When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me
will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." I am brings light unto our paths.
D. We have a Hallelujah because Jesus is the Gateway
John 10:7Therefore Jesus said again, "I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep. . 9I am the gate;
whoever enters through me will be saved.A He will come in and go out, and find pasture
for he commanded and they were created. 6He set them in place for ever and ever;
he gave a decree that will never pass away.
E. WE have a Hallelujah because Jesus is the Good Shepherd
John 10 11"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
F. We have a Hallelujah because Jesus is the Vine
151"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit,
while every branch that does bear fruit he prunesA so that it will be even more fruitful.
G. We have a Hallelujah because Jesus is the Way
John 14:6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
3. Jesus is the Great I am He Is Exalted - He is greater than all the glory of the nations. He is greater . than all the glories of Heaven.
•Jesus is the Great I am who Is Exceptional - There is none like Him! Where is Baal? Where are the dead and forgotten gods of Egypt, Greece and Rome? Where are the deities of ancient Europe that our ancestors bowed before? They are all gone away to ash heap of forgetfulness.
• Jesus is the great I am He Is Extraordinary - It is amazing that a God looks into the things that take place upon the earth. Yet, His eye is on the sparrow and the very hairs of your heads are numbered! Surely His glory is a constant theme for praise,!
• Jesus the Great I am as a result of HIS GRACE He Reaches Down, Jesus raises us Up he laid down so he could lift us up He cancels our past He Conquers Our Problems
• Conc: Would you agree with the Psalmist that the Lord is worthy of our praise? I think we all would. Now is He getting the praise He deserves from our life?,
Write a Thank You note to God Children sermon December 29, 2013
• Have you guys ever written a Thank You Note?
• Did you know the Bible has Thank You Notes?
• One thank you note is found in Psalm 148. Let’s read it Psalm 148, ” all the people of the world say thanks to God for creating them. Listen to the people who praise God in this psalm:” “Kings of the earth and all peoples, princes and all rulers of the earth! Young men and women alike, old and young together!” (vv. 11-12).
• It’s not only people who Thank God but it is: the sun, moon, stars, snow, frost, mountains, hills, animals, birds.