Summary: Proverbs tells us we have the greatest life-coach we could ever imagine!
• In just 30 minutes each week, we can show YOU how to achieve YOUR goals. YOU matter - success is living a happy, healthy, full life. Private telephone and e-mail coaching combine with assessment profiles to ensure YOU get where YOU want to be... (http://helpyougrowcoaching.com/index.htm?source=life+coach&gclid=CMCB1LTL44sCFQZKYQodRiz_SA)
• There are more and more people who are using the services of what is called a “Life Coach.”
• With roots in executive coaching, which itself drew on techniques developed in management consulting and leadership training, life coaching also draws from a wide variety of disciplines, including sociology, psychology, career counseling, mentoring, and numerous other types of counseling.
• The coach applies mentoring, values assessment, behaviour modification, behaviour modeling, goal-setting, and other techniques in assisting clients. Coaches are to be distinguished from counselors, whether counselors in psychotherapy or other careers. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_coaching)
• People like Alex Rodriguez of the New York Yankee’s uses the services of a life coach to help him make good decisions and to help reach personal goals.
• People are looking for answers in life; they are looking for the motivation to carry on with life.
• I believe that many people want to life what they consider a successful life.
• People are looking to books. Life coaches, various religions, among other things for the answers.
• Today I want to begin a 5 part mini-series entitled “Five Things To know.”
• As Christians, there are many things we need to know about our life in Christ. I want to focus in on five things that were shared with me a long time ago as I started out wanting to become a minister.
• The next five weeks will deal with scriptures that are “life scriptures”. These are passages that can have a profound affect on our lives if we will memorize them and follow them.
• SLIDE #1
• The first of the 5 things we need to know is that we have a life coach.
• As we go through these 5 things we need to know, I want to encourage you to take the time to memorize the main text each week.
• These passages will be a blessing to you when you struggle through some of the challenges that life has to offer to you.
• Christians do not have to search all over the place looking for guidance; we have the guidance we need to succeed in life from our God.
• Today as we look at Proverbs 3:5-6, we will see that God makes a promise, but that promise has three conditions for us to maintain.
• SLIDE #2
I. GIVE THE COACH A 100% COMMITMENT.
• If want to enjoy the benefits of having the ultimate life-coach, we have to be 100% committed to Him.
• Look with me at what part of verse five tells us.
• SLIDE #3
• Proverbs 3:5 (NASB) 5Trust in the LORD with all your heart…
• This part of the text is part of the commitment we are called to make if we are going to enjoy the benefits of having the ultimate life coach.
• What does it mean to trust? It means that we put our full confidence in something.