Summary: A message of encouragement to celebrate the local church and its blessing to our lives and others.
WE LOVE OUR CHURCH
Eph. 5:25; 1 Tim. 3:15
We live in a society that more and more minimizes the need and work of the local church. Some say that the church is no longer "relevant" but I believe that it is more relevant than any other institution or organization on the planet! The church is the "pillar and ground of the truth" as we see in I Tim. 3:15. The truth about God, Salvation, Heaven, Hell, Holiness, Prayer, and a multitude of other subjects has been recorded in God’s Word and it in turn has been entrusted to us, as we labor together in the local church.
Let me say this morning that we love our church. In our text we see that Christ love the church, and gave Himself for it.
WE LOVE OUR CHURCH BECAUSE:
I. OUR CHURCH IS UNIQUE –
A. BECAUSE OF ITS FOUNDER – Mt. 16:18
1. CHRIST IS THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH - Eph 1:22 5:23
2. CHRIST GAVE HIMSELF FOR THE CHURCH – EPH. 5:25
B. BECAUSE OF ITS FOUNDING – Mt. 16:18
1. FOUNDED ON CHRIST – HE IS THE FOUNDATION-STONE
1Co 3:11 Eph 2:20 1Pe 2:4,5
D. BECAUSE OF ITS PERMANANCE – Rev. 21:9
II. OUR CHURCH IS UNCOMMON!
A. NOT A COOKIE CUTTER CHURCH
1. SAME IN BELIEFS BUT DIFFERENT IN STYLE
2. HAS IT’S OWN UNIQUE FLAVOR
III. OUR CHURCH IS UNITED – Acts 4:32-33
A. IN OUR LOVE FOR THE LORD – Eph. 5:24
B. IN OUR LOVE FOR THE SAVED - Rom. 12:10
C. IN OUR LOVE FOR THE LOST - I Thess. 3:12
IV. OUR CHURCH IS UNSELFISH
A. MINISTERING TO OUR JERSUALEM
1. SUNDAY SCHOOL, SUNDAY AND WEDNESDAY SERVICES, CHURCH VISITATION PROGRAM, TEEN MINISTRY, CHILDREN’S MINISTRIES, SHUT INS, HOSPITALS, MAILOUTS, ETC.
2. MINISTERING TO OUR JUDEA AND SAMARIA -
3. HOME MISSIONS – CHILDRENS’S HOMES, CRISIS PREGNANCY, WORKING WITH LOCAL CHURCH PLANTERS ESTABLISHING CHURCHES, MISSIONS TO NAVTIVE AMERICANS, ETC.
B. MINISTERING TO THE WORLD THORUGH MISSIONS
1. THE MISSIONARIES AND MISSION WORKS WE SUPPORT AROUND THE GLOBE
V. OUR CHURCH SHOULD BE UNSATISFIED
A. UNSATISFIED WITH THE STATUS QUO
B. UNSATISFIED TO BE STAGNANT
C. WE WANT TO GROW
1. IN GRACE
2. IN NUMBERS
3. THAT TAKES PRAYER, WITNESSING, AND FUNDING