Summary: WE need an ark when life brings us down. What we really need is a spiritual ark. We need our hearts on upward things, we need to be wholehearted, and we need to move towards God like Noah.
Genesis 6:11-22 Build an Ark
1. We need an Ark when the earth or our world is corrupt Like God said.
11Now the earth was corrupt in God's sight and was full of violence. 12God saw how corrupt the earth had become, for all the people on earth had corrupted their ways.
• When personal and professional problems feel like a flood of mighty waters we need an ark.
• When we feel over powered by difficulties When life overwhelms us we need an ark.
• When we encounter emotional, financial, relational, and
• When we find ourselves grasping for breath because the waters have almost come over our heads we need an ark.
2. When all these situations arise we need an ark?. 17I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to
destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish.
A. We need shelter from the flood.
B. We need a refuge from the mighty waters
C. We need a vessel capable to carry us across the waters to a place of safety and salvation.
3. Consider some of the things in the Ark it’s not always enjoyable in the ark is it?.
19You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. 20Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive
Sometimes the Ark stinks. Sometimes the ark has nasty’s such as hatred, evil in hearts, grudges, complaints, dislikes, resentments, there’s back biting just like everywhere else. There is pecking order
A. In great Gothic churches have a section which is where most of the church sit. Navis is a Greek
word meaning "ship". Many churches are designed like an ark in the ceilings
• Noah's ark like the church is filled with all sorts of creatures." The predators and the prey, the wild and the tame, the sleek and beautiful ones and the ones that are ugly as sin."
• Despite all this stuff that goes on in the Ark God said, the ark or the church is also a place of shelter from the blasts of storms.
• The church or the ark is a place where we find direction despite everything else may seem to be headed in a wrong direction
• the church or the ark is a beckon in the dark.
• the church or the ark is the hope to eventually find a safe harbor.
4. God gave Noah Instructions on How to build an ark.
• 15This is how you are to build it: The ark is to be 450 feet long, 75 feet wide and 45 feet high.D 16Make a roof for it and finishE the ark to within 18 inchesF of the top. Put a door in the side of the ark and make lower, middle and upper deck
• We know how to build an ark, grab some lumber, hammer, nails and start, but how do we build a spiritual ark? vs 9This is the account of Noah. This verse shares this is the story or record of Noah. Noah apparently built the ark right so we can learn from Noah.
A. We build a Spiritual Ark by keeping heart on upward things this is being a Righteous Person