Summary: •Endure to the end! We must look to God to lead and guide us in ALL that we do, say, think, feel, and in all our decisions. We all need help making choices. The best help I know of is found in God. God gave you the power to choose...but we MUST stop put
SERMON: Well, Things Didn’t Work Out? SO WHAT! GOD HAS A BETTER PLAN!
Jennifer Mears (12/18/2006)
Dominion Harvest Fellowship Church
• We must look to God to lead and guide us in ALL that we do, say, think, feel, and in all our decisions. We all need help making choices. The best help I know of is found in God. God gave you the power to choose...but we MUST stop putting Him in a box! And we must stop hiding our gifts He has given us ----START USING THEM and TRUSTING THE GIVER OF ALL GOOD AND PERFECT GIFTS TO TAKE THE WHEEL! Let’s stop being ruled by fear! Learn how to endure to the end!
HEBREWS 10: 36
TEXT: 36 For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise:
37 “For yet a little while,
And He who is coming will come and will not tarry.
38 Now the just shall live by faith;
But if anyone draws back,
My soul has no pleasure in him.”
39 But we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul.
God sees ALL things!
God sees ALL things ALL at one time!
God sees and knows ALL things, past-present-future!
• We can’t find real help unless we look to God. We need to cry out to Him and look to Him for our help…”He is a Mighty, Valiant Helper”… Jesus – The Author of Salvation! Son of David!”….But, after Salvation…we slowly start putting Him in a box…
(prop is a med/large cardboard box)
I am sure some of you have wondered what this is…that is right…it’s a box. But, it is NOT just any box…this is a special box…this is the creation of my daughter, Kristen’s imagination. She likes to play with boxes, papers, and she can imagine they are anything…a fort, a castle, a house…a school house she is teaching in…she has no concern about the gift that came in the box, how expensive it was…who it may belong to…she just likes the box…
When we experience doubt – it is often because we forget that God gives us many gifts (like what came in this box) but we forget how BIG God is and we try putting HIM in the same boxes that our GIFTS came in…limiting Him and those gifts…or we start staring at the box that we put our circumstance in---we also put our faith in there…not standing on it, not keeping our eyes on Him – the author and finisher of that faith…all contained—suffocated—getting stagnant—held up—tied up—useless—not able to freely move…
GOD IS SAYING, “STOP PUTTING ME IN THE BOX ! STOP LIMITING ME AND STOP LIMITING THE GIFTS I PLACED WITHIN YOU…STOP PUTTING YOUR FAITH IN THE BOX…AND IF YOU PUT YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES IN THE BOX---JUST KICK THE BOX AWAY AND STAND ON YOUR FAITH…FOCUS ON ME AND BEGIN USING THE GIFT I PLACED IN YOU…AND LET THE HOLY SPIRIT MOVE!
Stop boxing me up! Don’t you KNOW that “with God, ALL things are possible”
God can do anything…ALL THINGS!
• His power is not at all limited. (our lack of faith will keep Him from moving on our behalf)
• He is able to save…LET HIM
• He is able to heal…RECEIVE IT!
• He is able to deliver…but you gotta want it!
• He is able to take care of your situation…TURN IT OVER COMPLETELY TO HIM!
• He is all knowing, all powerful, and more than able to do ALL things!
BUT, you MUST get rid of that box! Stand on your MOST HOLY FAITH!
Hebrews 11:6 -“But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that comes to God MUST believe that He is, and that He is a Rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.”
By Faith We Understand
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.
3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.
You gotta hang in there with Him…HOLD ON to your faith and His Promises…no matter how hard the winds of change and evil may blow…
I John 5:14 says –“This is the confidence that we have in Him, that, if we ask any thing according to His Will, he hears us.”
Ya gotta trust, and walk the walk that you talk, talk, talk about ALL the time…
1 Peter 1:15,16 says– “But as He which has called you ---He is Holy—so be holy in all manner of conversation; because it is written, BE HOLY FOR I AM HOLY!”