Summary: Learning to Unite the church...Cool Video Setup
Setup- Video Clip from HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL
The last scene/song "We’re All in this Together"
We’re all in this together
As Christians were meant to be a UNIT…FAMILY…GROUP…We go Together
One of the last things on Jesus’ mind... Was the church being the church.
1. Walk Together- Leviticus 26:8 Five of you shall chase a hundred, and a hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight; your enemies shall fall by the sword before you.
There’s power in #’s
This is why the church has lost it’s effectiveness ----- KEEP DIVIDING
The body of Christ in America… Has divided to where… we hate the others
WE DON’T KNOW WHO THE ENEMY IS
2. Worship Together- Psalm 34:3 Oh, magnify the LORD with me, And let us exalt His name together.
Worshipping isn’t just about singing… Praising with other members of the family
We’re saying… WE ALL THINK JESUS IS COOL
If you look… Only some think Jesus are cool
Worship is: Singing, Praising, Giving, Volunteering, Ministering - as his kids
Yes worship is between you and God: But we’re all in this together.
2 weeks going home for homecoming--- FAMILY PICTURE
We could send her pictures- But when were all in the picture together- means more
3. Work Together- Genesis 11:6 And the LORD said, “Indeed the people are one and they all have one language, and this is what they begin to do; now nothing that they propose to do will be withheld from them.
This verse comes from the TOWER OF BABEL STORY
Even God recognized… They could do anything… They were one
The reason freedom is a great church - All in one accord-- few soreheads
We know… who we are- what we are- Where we’re going
Who are we- Children of God… who care more about loving/ than arguing
What are we- Believers…Trying to be set free from religion and guilt- find free
Where are we going- To reach people…by loving them, setting them free, HOPE
I can’t do it- WE HAVE TO DO IT TOGETHER
4. Get Together- Luke 15: 6 And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’
We gotta learn how to HANG With our PEEPS
The church needs chances to get together w/o singing or preaching
Fantasy Football, Softball, Volleyball, Small Groups, Super Bowl Parties, Carol Nights, Wind Dings, South Plains Fair, Poker Nights, Easter Cookouts, Pot Lucks
We do these… SO WE CAN HANG W/ OUR PEEPS
I’m not talking about--- GROSS MARSHMELLOW EASTER CANDY
Those peeps make me gag- Check your peeps…do they make you GAG?
5. Move Together- Philippians 1:27 With one mind strive together for the faith of the gospel
The church isn’t just suppose to sit here….WE’RE STRIVING
Church has let: the world pass us by, technology pass us by, architecture pass us by
We don’t move…We don’t Change…We don’t Grow
We cant keep moving forward…IF SOMEONE SITS DOWN
6. Love Together- Colossians 2:2 That their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love
We should encourage each other…build up…smile…laugh…cry…
You’re not really in love w/ spouse…TILL THE WHEELS FALL OFF
Then we’ll see if you’re in love
Jobless…Broke…Diagnosis…Lose a love one…get older…