Summary: Jesus displays all the characteristics of a true friend.
Jesus displays all the characteristics of a true friend.
1. A true friend loves you no matter what. (Proverbs 17:17)
a. His love is unconditional.
b. His love is in spite of your faults and failures.
c. Jesus is the model. (Romans 5:6-8)
2. A true friend tells you the truth. (Proverbs 27:6,9)
a. He has your best interests in mind.
b. Truth sets the foundation for a relationship.
c. Jesus is the model. (1 Timothy 2:3,4)
3. A true friend is there when you need help. (Job 6:14a)
a. He is willing to listen.
b. He is able to act.
c. Jesus is the model. (Hebrews 4:14-16)
4. A true friend encourages you to be a better person. (Proverbs 27:17)
a. He wants to see you reach your full potential.
b. He rejoices at your success.
c. Jesus is the model. (Matthew 5:48)
5. A true friend is faithful. (Proverbs 18:24)
a. He keeps his promises.
b. He is devoted to you.
c. Jesus is the model. (Romans 8:35-39)
Closing: John 15:13,14
a. Jesus wants to be your friend.
b. Are you Jesus’s friend?
c. What kind of friend are you?