Summary: Ten things that a lost man has - No Life - No Peace - No Strength - No Christ - No Citizenship - No Promise - No Hope - No God - No Remedy - No Excuse.
What A Lost Man Has
I. No Life – I John 5:12
“He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.”
1. Eph 2:1 declares the lost man to be spiritually dead in his sins.
2. No Man has life if they don’t have Jesus – The way to have Jesus is to receive Him (John 1:12)
II. No Peace – Isaiah 57:21
“There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked.”
1. Eph. 2 declares “Christ is our peace”
2. People will travel the world over and do everything – have wealth – fame – power – pleasures of every kind – and yet have no true inner peace or happiness.
III. No Strength – Romans 5:6
“For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.”
The lost man is helpless to save himself or to make himself better in God’s sight.
Illustration – An old man sells his dilapidated house to a buyer. He feels the house isn’t in good enough shape so he fixes it up. The new buyer comes along and just bulldozes it down.
IV. No Christ – Ephesians 2:12
“That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers
from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:”
1. He has no one to bear his sins.
2. He has no blood to cover him.
V. No Citizenship – Ephesians 2:12
To be an “alien from the commonwealth of Israel” in the O.T. meant to be doomed – no hope – no home.
VI. No Promise – Ephesians 2:12
The Lost Man is a stranger to the hundreds of promises given to believers.
VII. No Hope – Ephesians 2:12
1. What is a man without hope
2. The one thing that no man can survive without is hope. The believer has hope. The lost man has no hope outside of Christ.
VIII. No God – Ephesians 2:12
The climax of this verse – Without God.
IX. No Remedy – Proverbs 29:1
“He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.”
1. It’s dangerous to resist God when He speaks by His Spirit.
2. Every time you reject Christ you become bolder in your refusals and harden your heart just a little bit more.
X. No Excuse – Hebrews 2:3
“How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation..…”
Romans 1:20 “For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:”