Summary: What is it that belongs to God? You and I belong, our at tentativeness, our affections, and absolute belongs to God.
What Belongs to God? Matthew 22:15-22
• Today text the Pharisee were trying to trap Jesus with how he might respond to a tax question
• The Herodian’s were present as well. The Herodians held political power, and most scholars believe that they were a political party that supported King Herod Antipas,
• "Teacher," they said, "we know you are a man of integrity and that you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. 17Tell us then, what is your opinion? Is it right to pay taxes to Caesar or not?"
• Jesus simply says, “Show me the money” whose inscription is on the coin?
• They said, “Ceasers” Jesus told them then “Render therefore unto Ceaser the things that are Ceasers and to God the things that are Gods”
1. What Belongs to God? Dueterominists says the universe belongs to God. 14To the LORD your God belong the heavens, even the highest heavens, the earth and everything in it.
2. First of all I belong to God and you do to. Isaiah say 43: Isaiah says God told him he is Gods
• 431 But now, this is what the LORD says-- he who created you, : I have redeemed you; I have summoned ; you are mine. God even says If my People which are called by my name 2chronicles 7:14
• Psalm 29:3The Psalmist claims there is a voice that speaks with great strength of ownership The voice is over the waters; 4The voice is powerful; is majestic. The voice breaks, the voice strikes, the voice shakes, the voice twists, the voice twists the oaks and strips the forest bare, 11The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace. God said “This is my Beloved son”
• Psalm 100:3 The psalmist also claims we belong we are a part of we have a place a relationship we belong It is he who made us, and we are hisA; we belong to God we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. 4Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise;
3. What Belongs to God? If we Belong to God then Our Attentiveness belongs to God
• Pay attention to God 26He said, "If you listen carefully to the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will be the Lord who heals you."
• If you will be attentive to me I will be an enemy to your enemies and will oppose those who oppose you. 23
• If you’re at tentative 15I will provide grass in the fields for your cattle, and you will eat and be satisfied.
• If you’re attentive God will set you high above all the nations on earth
4. What Belongs to God? If we Belong to God then Our Affections belong to God.
• What belongs to God is my Fondness and care for him Paul encourages the believers to Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. 2Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
5. What Belongs to God? Our Appreciation towards God, for what He has done belongs to God.