Summary: Jesus spoke to Kurt and Brenda and said, “Kurt and Brenda put your faith in me and you will discover that all things are possible with me as long as you put me first!”
What did Jesus say to Kurt Warner?
Thesis: Jesus spoke to Kurt and Brenda and said, “Kurt and Brenda put your faith in me and you will discover that all things are possible with me as long as you put me first!”
The Warner’s favorite Texts:
Matthew 6:33 “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”
Matthew 19:26 “…with God all things are possible.”
Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your path straight."
James 1:2-4 “Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.”
Kurt’s testimony: “Before accepting Jesus as my Lord I lived my life for only me. I never asked God what he wanted for my life. I was living only for what I wanted. When I was 25 years old I realized I was nothing without Jesus and that I was separated from Him because of sin. I asked Jesus to come into my life and show me His way. He did! Jesus became first in my life and a great change took place.”
He is the biggest success story in NFL history…rare accuracy…tremendous poise in pocket...steps up and delivers ball under duress consistently…vision is uncanny…uses his entire receiving corps…puts ball in perfect spot to catch and run with it...signed with the Rams 12/26/97...defied odds in taking long road to NFL success..
• NFL Most Valuable Player (1999, 2001)
• Named to Pro Bowl (1999, 2000, 2001)
• Named Super Bowl XXXIV MVP after leading Rams to 23-16 victory over Tennessee
• Threw for Super Bowl record 414 yards and two touchdowns in Super Bowl XXXIV
• Inherited starting quarterback job when Trent Green was injured during 1999 preseason
• Along with Dan Marino, is the only QB in NFL history to throw for 40 or more touchdowns in one season
• Led NFL with 109.2 passer rating 4,353 yards and 41 touchdowns in 1999
• Starting QB for Amsterdam Admirals of NFL Europe in 1998
• Has been the starting Quarterback for the Rams since then.
• 2001: Earned NFL Most Valuable Player honors for second time in three seasons, edging teammate RB Marshall Faulk by one vote…completed 375 of 546 passes for 4,830 yards with 36 touchdowns and 22 interceptions.
o …third QB in franchise history to earn three or more consecutive Pro Bowl berths (Norm Van Brocklin 6, 1950-55; Roman Gabriel 3, 1967-69
o …led NFL in passing yards, touchdown passes, passer rating (101.4), yards per attempt (8.85), third down passing (109.5), and was third in the NFC and fourth in the NFL in fourth quarter passing (101.4)
o …set team records for completions (375), completion percentage (68.8), passing yards, most seasons with 4,000 or more passing yards (two), and most games with 300 or more passing yards in career (26)
o …tied NFL record for 300-yard passing games in a season (nine) and tied a team record for most games with four or more touchdown passes in career (six)