Summary: This is the first of ten messages built from Max Lucado's Believe series. Message one, deals with what I believe about God.
• SERMON VIDEO
• SLIDE #1
• Imagine someone approached you and said they did not believe in Ford Motor Company.
• I do not believe in Henry Ford; I never met him and do not think he ever existed.
• What would you say?
• Maye you would ask where Ford cars and trucks came from?
• They would say, “Well I believe there was a big bang and all the components to that car evolved over billions of years and over time, they came together to form the Ford trucks along with all their sophisticated components.
• There is a really good chance you would look at your friend and conclude they are on the crazy train, or that they were a fool.
• SLIDE #2
• Psalm 14:1 (HCSB) — 1 The fool says in his heart, “God does not exist.” They are corrupt; they do vile deeds. There is no one who does good.
• Today we begin a new series entitled, WHAT DO I BELIEVE ABOUT…
• Today we being with the subject about God.
• From the man of the street interview, as well as our own life experience, we can see there are a multitude of beliefs concerning God.
• The range of thought runs from some people not believing God in any form exists, to thinking that one day they will be a god, to those who hold to the biblical view of God.
• The subject of God is a very personal and an important subject to examine because our view of God will have eternal ramifications.
• I was once asked what would happen if I was wrong about God, that when you die, you die and that is it.
• My answer was simple, IF that were to happen, I have lived a good life, I have served others, helped and loved others. But What IF I AM RIGHT? What have you lost? Something to think about!
• Today we will debunk a myth concerning God, as well as examining three other truths about the nature of God.
• SLIDE #3
I. God reveals Himself to mankind.
• Some think that God is not real, that God cannot be seen, that God has kept Himself hidden from mankind; however, nothing can be further from the truth!
• Let’s look at Genesis 1:1
• SLIDE #4
• Genesis 1:1 (HCSB) In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
• When you examine this passage, two things should jump off the page at us. First, God created the heavens and earth. Creation itself reveals God to us, more on that in a moment.
• Second, notice that there is no explanation of God given in Genesis or anywhere else in the Bible.
• There is no attempt to prove His existence, it is simply assumed.
• God did not waste time trying to prove His existence, He wants us to focus on a relationship with Him.
• This is similar to the resurrection and ascension of Jesus we talked about last week. No one to our knowledge saw Jesus exit the tomb, yet the proof if it was His appearance. When we think about God, the proof of His existence is our existence.
• SLIDE #5
• Romans 1:20 (HCSB) For His invisible attributes, that is, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen since the creation of the world, being understood through what He has made. As a result, people are without excuse.