Summary: Friendship is a very personal relationship. • And by coming to church you can work on those friendships
What do you look for in a best friend?
• Most people would agree that,
• A best friend is someone that you can share your most intimate, and deep secrets.
• Things that you would never share with the rest of the world.
• Someone that you turn to when you are hurt,
• Someone who you would share both your joy, and your sorrow.
Sometimes friends like this take a lifetime to make.
• You may have grown up with them, gone to school with them,
• Watched them go thru the hardships of life and been there for them.
• Or they have been there for you.
• Other times you can bond with someone almost instantly, and just know that you have that special connection.
We all want to find a where we feel welcome
• A place where we can go and people not only know us but a place where we feel like they want us there
• A place that appeals to our sense of worth
• A place where when we’re there we feel like family
• A place where we feel we
• Because Friendship is important in life
And because of that we go to great lengths to find places like these
• Places where we feel that we fit in.
Coffee shops are places that have taken this kind of mentality in mind
• When they designed their facilities
• Coffee shops are a sanctuary from the hectic daily routine of life.
• It’s common meeting place for those who need to meet.
And we can learn a lot from places like Starbucks, Panera Bread The Coffee Bean That we can apply to our churches
1. Places like these are open to community
• These places take the time to talk with their customers.
• They form relationships with their customers.
• They serve coffee in mugs not paper to go cups
• Because that’s the way you do it at home
• They offer you a place to relax with Comfortable chairs, couches, etc.
• They put popular newspapers out for you to read
• They take the time to create an environment that makes customers want to hang out
• A place where you want to stay
At these places You can always find someone ready for conversation
• Stay-at-home dad looking for some adult contact
• A college student happy to be off campus
• Business woman working on a project
• People everywhere, laptops, Because they care enough to offer their customers free internet.
Spontaneous interaction happens all the time
• As we grow, we will need to work hard to maintain spontaneity.
• At Starbucks, getting together with others is easy.
There is one thing in common that happens both before the service today and the one that happens next week.
• That thing is Life
• The church was never intended to be an in and out place.
• A place where we show up for an hour or two once a week.
The church was originally created to be the coffee house of its time.
• A place that’s inviting.
• A place that makes you feel comfortable
• A place that gives you the feeling that you just might want to stay for a while.