Summary: This is a Thanksgiving Sermon. Lord’s Supper was taken of in remembrance and thanksgiving for what Christ has done.
WHAT DO YOU SAY?
1. Most of us teach our children manners.
2. As we teach them, one of the questions often asked of child after given something is, “What do you say”?
3. As we approach this Thanksgiving we need to be reminded of this question.
Remember Who Did It
1. The lepers had heard about Jesus and what He could do for them.
2. Many people have heard about Jesus Christ and what He can do for them.
3. Many people have went to Jesus Christ and been cleansed from their sins.
Remember What Was Done
1. Jesus told the lepers what they had to do to be cleansed.
2. Jesus has made it possible for all people to be cleansed.
3. Jesus has made many eternally clean.
Remember What To Say
1. Only 1 leper out of the 10 went back to thank Jesus.
2. The 1 leper was a Samaritan. He was, according to the society at that time, the least likely to go back.
3. Christians, have you went back to Jesus to say, “Thank you”?
1. If you are here without Christ, you need to go to Him for eternal cleaning.
2. Christians, remember Who saved you, what it cost, and what to say to Jesus Christ.
3. Be thankful.
1. As Christians we are also told to partake of the Lord’s Supper as a remembrance of Jesus’ body and blood that was sacrificed for us.
2. We must all also understand that this ordinance of the church is only for Christians and the Bible strictly warns those that take of the Lord’s Supper that a non-Christian cannot partake.
3. Christians during this time examine your lives before you take of this Lord’s Supper. Be thankful for what God has done.
BREAD: 1 Corinthians 11:23-24
WINE: 1 Corinthians 11:25-26