Summary: The same incrediates that fueld the fire of 1871 in Chicago fuels the spiriual fire in us as well.
What will fuel the fire? Acts 2:36-47
On Sunday October the 8th 1871 a fire started in the town of Chicago, which killed 300, caused 100,000 to be homeless, and 180,000 what started the Great Chicago Fire? Mrs. O'Leary was milking her little cow, when the little cow kicked over a table where a little lantern was placed. When the cow kicked the little table the little lantern. spilled a little oil in the hay and the little fire in the lantern caught the little pile of hay on fire and the little pile of hay caught the little barn on fire and the little barn caught the little building next to it etc..... thus we end up with supposedly what started the Great Chicago fire. We really don't know for sure what started the Great Chicago fire but we do know what fueled the fire. The same fuel that caused the Chicago to fire burn out of control is the same fuel that can cause a Great Fire in the Souls of humanity.
1. What Fueled the Great Fire of Chicago?
• Dry Summer, Wooden Structures, Wooden sidewalks with plenty of trash under them
• Dry stuff is a great ignitable substance Ezekiel lived in a complete Valley of Dry Stuff 2He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. 3He asked me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" , `Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD
• Moses was dry: He wondered 40 years in Desert of Median you killed the Egyptian yesterday?'D 29When Moses heard this, he fled to Midian, where he settled as a foreigner and had two sons. 30"After forty years had passed, an angel appeared to Moses in the flames of a burning bush in the desert near Mount Sinai
• What will Fuel our Dryness 38Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit
2. What Fueled the Great Fire Of Chicago? The wind
• The wind began gusting up to 30mph.
• What Will Fuel the fire in our souls ? The Wind or the breath of God.
• 2Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting.
• The Breath of God blew on Adam and he became a living soul
• The Breath of God blew at Aldersgate John Wesley and a great church begins
• The Breath of God blew on Peter and he stood up and began to preach. vs. 14.
• The Breath of God Blew on the prophet Joel and he prophesied vs. 17
• The Breath of God Blew on the people and they regretted that they had rejected the Christ. vs 37
3. What Fueled The Great Fire of Chicago the condition of the Firefighters
• The Fire Fighters were wore out Tired that summer were many many fires
• What Will Fuel the Fire? Wearing out the devil What kind of fuel wares out the devil?
• Some High Test Devotion will wear out Satan 42They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching
• Noah had High Test Devotion : He devoted himself to build an ark
• Add a little Premium of fellowship to the tank 42They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship
• High Octane Prayers will certainly ware him out 42They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer
• Daniel had High Octane Prayer : Prayed morning, noon, and Night
4. What Fueled The Great Fire of Chicago? Ignoring Emergency Devices
• Warning devices were ignored What will Fuel the Fire? not ignoring the Warning Device, The Bible40With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation." 41Those who accepted his message were baptized, or fueled with fire and about three thousand were added to their number that day.
• The people did not ignore the Word They said what shall we do 37When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, "Brothers, what shall we do?"
• The people did not ignore Unity they were together 44All the believers were together and had everything in common.
• The people did not ignore the seriousness of the word 46They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.