Summary: All over the World, largely "below radar" God is moving. The Kingdom of God is advancing. Untold millions are coming to faith in Jesusu Christ. Here are some inside looks at what is doing on.
What God is Doing
The Kingdom of God is Advancing Around the World!
Pastor Eric J. Hanson
About Twelve Years Ago…
• I preached on this several times
• Acceleration had been ongoing for several decades.
• The AD 2000 and beyond movement was in full swing.
• Worldwide statistics were compiled up through 1999.
Now It is Past Time for an Update.
• In the last 20 years… 8% annual growth in the number of Born Again Believers on the planet. Bible Believing Christianity is advancing 4 times faster than Islam.
• Prior to 1985 the Worldwide growth rate of the Lord’s Kingdom was about 2%.
• In 1960 there were 2 “Western World” Christians for every “Eastern & Third World” Christian.
• By 2000 the situation had changed drastically with 4 Second and Third World believers for each Western World one.
• As of 2010 it has become seven in the Second and Third Worlds for each one in the Western World. The “center of gravity” of the true Church today is in Asia and Africa.
• Latin America has always been predominantly Roman Catholic, but no more. On any Sunday now, there are more Evangelical and Pentecostal believers in church than there are Catholics, in virtually all Latin Countries.
• More Missionaries are now sent from non-Western Nations than Western ones.
• There are currently 70-100 million more Christians in India than are listed as such.
• The Chinese Church is now around 200 million believers, up from 100 million in the late 90s and 50 million in 1985. (2 million in 1950)
• Globally there is a Day of Pentecost Harvest of souls every 25 minutes. 3000 more people are born again in that span of time.
• Every new day, there are 175,000 more believers on Earth, than there were 24 hours earlier.
• Believers who have an active vision to reach out: 1970: 70 M. 2000: 707 M. 2010: well over a Billion, plus another billion other Christians.
• By 2005, dead people had been raised to life in 52 nations, from Algeria to Vietnam
• Athet Pyan Shinthaw Paulu raised by the Lord sovereignly (32-33)
• Hawa Ahmed spared and divinely clothed. (33-34)
• Many AIDS sufferers cured (28)
Ten Essential & Godly Tools for Massive Impact
• 1. Intercessory Prayer
• 2. Empowerment
• 3. Reconciliation
• 4. Identificational Repentance
• 5. Spiritual Mapping
• 6. Saturation Church Planting
• 7. On Site Prayer
• 8. Fasting
• 9. Leadership Teams
• 10. Media Impact
Stories of God’s Direct Intervention, often connected to heavy Intercessory Prayer.
• Muslims (dreams & visions)
• Hindus (I bind you.)
• Help for Believers
Various Local Snapshots
• Cambodia: 200 to 400,000 in 14 years!
• El Salvador has gone from a Communist hotbed to 53.4% born again professing believers
• Guatamala now 44% born again
• Rio De Janeiro had 30 Spiritist centers for each Church in 1981, now that is reversed and more: There are 40 Churches for each Spiritist Center