Summary: Paul share in the text what he has learned: he learned astonishing things, he learned he was called by grace, he learned he was called to proclaim, he learned though life was rough still praise God, and he learned after I knew Christ others praised God.
“What I have Learned” Galatians 1:11-24
1. Before I knew Christ Paul says
• My Faith was in Judaism 13For you have heard of my previous way of life in Judaism
• I persecuted the followers of the Way. 13,I persecuted the church of God and tried to destroy it.
• I was zealous ( I believed strongly in this faith) . 14I was advancing in Judaism beyond many Jews of my own age and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my fathers
2. After I knew Christ I learned some astonishing things (I learned God knew me )
• I learned Christ set me apart at Birth. 15But when God, who set me apart from birth
• Isaiah Learned “That God knew him before I was born” Before I was born the LORD called me; from my birth he has made mention of my name.
• Jeremiah Learned this as well 5"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
• Jesus Knows Me, He knows The Good , The Bad, and the Ugly
3. After I knew Christ I learned I was Called by Grace : who set me apart from birthA and called me by his grace
• Grace has spoken to the Apostle
• Grace says, “I know your beginnings, but I also know your ending”
• Grace knows our “failures” but Grace also knows our “potentials”
4. After I knew Christ I learned “a Tremendous Revelation I was called not just by his grace but I was called to preach (Proclaim) ”“He was pleased 16to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles,
• We are all called to proclaim somewhere Daniel says, “"The people who know their God
will display strength and take action" (Daniel ll:32b).
• We are called to know the message "Ezra had devoted himself to the study and observance of
the Law of the Lord and to teaching its decrees and laws in Israel." (Ezra 7:10)
• We are called to live the Life "How will the world know you are my disciples By this all men
will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." (John 13:35)
5. After I knew Christ, I learned Life was really Rough 2 Corinthians 11:24-33
• 24Five times I was whipped, three times with rods, once was stoned, 3 times shipwrecked
• I have been in dangers from rivers, from bandits, from my own countrymen, from Gentiles; at sea; and in
danger from false brothers.
• 27I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have gone hungry and thirsty
• 28Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches.
• I was lowered in a basket from a window in the wall and slipped through treacherous hands.
• “But, After all this struggle Jesus is to be Praised forever”31The God and Father of the
Lord Jesus, who is to be praised forever, knows that I am not lying.
6. After I knew Christ Others Praised God as the result of Christ ." 24And they praised God because of me.
• They Praised God in Arabia and later in Damascus
• 18Then after three years, I went up to Jerusalem to get acquainted with Peter and Peter Praised God B
• . 21Later I went to Syria and Cilicia. They to Praised God
• 22I was personally unknown to the churches of Judea that are in Christ.23They heard this report: "The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching and they Praised God
7. In, conclusion Before I knew Christ I learned My life was not a real Life
• After I knew Christ I learned some astonishing Things
• After I knew Christ I learned I was called by Grace
• After I knew Christ I learned I was called to Proclaim
• After I knew Christ Life was really rough but I still Praise Him forever
• After I knew Christ Others Knew Christ and Praised God Christ gives my life purpose