Summary: Normally, Training Institutions and tons of books taught us how to win. But this time, the greatest teacher of all is instructing his students how to face failure and recover from its devastating effect. When every body is talking positively about winning
WHAT IF I FALL?
How To Face Failure And Recover From It
First of all, I want to make it clear that this message is not for perfect people. If you are already perfect in your Christian life then you can stop reading this sermon. Because this message is for anyone who can say honestly that they experience struggles and even fall sometimes. This message is for ordinary person who knows the feelings of failures therefore admits that he cannot manage his life apart from God.
The gospel of Jesus is not for the saints but for the sinners. The Great Physician came to the world for the sick and not for those whose life needs not healing.
THIS MESSAGE IS FOR THOSE WHO DID THEIR BEST SHOTS BUT STILL MISSED THE TARGET
• For the parent who did their best but it seems that they are losing the battle for their kids
• For the Christians who tried their best to live what they believe but still failed the test.
• For the people who have struggles keeping their resolutions and promises
• For the couples who struggle to keep their marriage
• For the man who cannot find strength to get away from addiction and bad habits
• For the young people who cannot say no to their friends who are bad influences
• For the family who are struggling to make ends meet
• For the expatriates fighting to survive loneliness and hard labors for the sake of their family
• For every people who for varied reasons failed the people who trust and love them
• For Christians who sometimes fail their God and therefore suffering from guilt and lack of confidence
My friend, this message is for ordinary people! If you have struggles in your life from time to time, then this message is for you!
Fresh graduate from three years Special Theological Course under the greatest teacher that the world could ever have, the dean gave the commencing words of challenge, career guidance or better says a warning for their future ministry. But the young graduates called apostles were full of confidence specially the best of the class by the name Peter.
Normally, Training Institutions and tons of books taught us how to win. But this time, the greatest teacher of all is instructing his students how to face failure and recover from its devastating effect. When everybody is talking positively about winning, Jesus chooses to face the realistic question - What if I fail.
Mat 26:31 Then Jesus told them, This very night you will all fall away on account of me, for it is written: ’I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.’
Mat 26:32 But after I have risen, I will go ahead of you into Galilee.
Mat 26:33 Peter replied, Even if all fall away on account of you, I never will.
Mat 26:34 I tell you the truth, Jesus answered, this very night, before the cock crows, you will disown me three times.
Mat 26:35 But Peter declared, Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you. And all the other disciples said the same.
I – FAILURE IS PART OF OUR LIFE AND EVEN JESUS UNDERSTAND ITS PURPOSE