Summary: This could be your LAST sermon, then WHAT?
What If This Was Your Last Sermon?
If this was your last sermon to hear, would you be ready to face judgment? (Hebrews 9:27) “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:”
We are going to die. When is the question? (James 4:14) “Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.”
Just a steam vapor. Seen and then GONE.
But What If This Was Your Last Sermon?
For just a MOMENT we will assume that TIME HAS STOPPED. At exactly 7:00 P.M.TONIGHT, TIME HAS STOPPED!
NOW, Are you ready for the Judgment to follow?
(Acts 17:31) “Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.”
It will be a terrible day for those unprepared for eternity.
A. All will be assembled. (2 Corinthians 5:10) For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
B. The Greatest Judge Will Preside
1. Behold I come quickly (Revelations 22:12) And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
2. The Lord, The Righteous Judge (2 Timothy 4:8) Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
3. There will be no Lawyers to plead your case. No plea agreements allowed in this courtroom. No appeals to the Supreme Court, this will be the Ultimate Supreme Court.
4. Everyone will stand on their own record
(Ezekiel 18:20) “The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.”
5. There will be Justice but not mercy. (Acts 17:30) “And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.”
C. The Greatest books will be opened.
1. (Rev 20:12) “And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.”
2. The words of Jesus will Judge us. (John 12:48) “He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.”
3. God’s word will be the same in eternity. (Matt 24:35) Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.