Summary: What is a christian
Due to the large amount of sermons and topics that appear on this site I feel it is necessary to post this disclaimer on all sermons posted. my sermon ideas and illustrations are often taken from many sources including those at Sermoncentral.com, there could be instances where other minister’s wording is used, or wording similar. I am not trying to steal anything from anyone else, just trying to help others proclaim the gospel. my sermons are not copyrighted and may be used or preached freely. May God richly bless you as you read these words. It is my sincere desire that all who read them may be enriched. All scriptures quoted in these sermons are copied and quoted from the Authorized King James Version of the Holy Bible.
What is a Christian? Acts 11:19-26
A. You ever see the "man on the street" interviews on TV?
1. There was a movie out several years ago called "Super Size Me."
2. It's a documentary about a guy who decided to eat nothing but food from McDonald's for 30 days.
3. Occasionally in the movie they have these "man on the street" type interviews.
4. They stopped people on the streets and asked them their opinion about food.
5. Some of the answers were very funny and some were very sad.
6. And none of them agreed with the other.
B. With these interviews if you ask 30 people their opinion on a subject you usually get 30 different answers.
1. Everybody's got their own opinion and they all think they are right.
2. It's really good when the questions have to do with politics.
3. Everybody's got an opinion about politics and politicians.
4. But not all of them are always right.
5. Sometimes none of them are right - at least that's my opinion!”
“II. What if you saw a "man on the street" interview asking this question "What is a Christian?"
A. What kind of answers and opinions do you think you might get?
1. I think you might get some doozies!
2. Here are a few I think you might hear.
B. A Christian is someone who believes in God.
1. I believe there is a God.
2. He or she is out there somewhere watching us.
3. There's a higher power and I believe there's a higher power.
4. A Christian is someone who believes there's a God.
C. A Christian is someone who tries to live a good life and treats other people right.
1They do the best they can.
2. Their good parts outweigh their bad parts.
3. They try and help other people occasionally.
4. They don't judge others.
5. A Christian is someone trying to live and let live.
D. A Christian is someone who has Christian parents or Christian spouses.
1. I'm a Christian by birth.
2. My parents are Christian and I'm their child.
3. I'm a Christian because my family is Christian.
4. It's kind of like a birthright I got it[...]”
“5. I'm a Christian because my family is Christian.
E. A Christian is someone who gives money to a church.
1. I like what the church does so I give them money to support them.”
“2. They have good causes and I'm a good person so I give my money to do good things.
3. I'm a Christian because I support the church financially.