Summary: A look at motherhood
Mother’s day Message
Text: "Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward." (Psalm 127:3)
1. Several years ago, on April 25, The National Organization of Women march on Washington, D.C. They called pregnancy a disease, a sickness inflicted upon women.
They failed to understand, the pain of giving birth is indeed a disease, a curse, caused by the fall in the garden, but pregnancy is a gift from our Papa God.
2. Children are an heritage from the Lord
Heritage- Heb 5159- an inheritance, a gift,
a gift given to one on behalf on another
3. May we, as a people of God, never look down on, the precious gift of Motherhood.
I am still old fashioned. I still believe and do teach, that a woman’s place is in the home.
The divorce rate, the disconnected children, all bear testimony that God’s ways are best.
4. Long distance telephone companies tell us that Mother’s day is by far the busiest day of the year.
Busy signals, overloaded circuits and failed equipment are the order of the day, year in and year out.
Candy and card companies, flower shops and restaurants also do some of their best business on Mother’s Day.
The next short while, I would like to take a humorous, yet though provoking look at motherhood through quotes and saying…
What is a Mother?
A mother look different from other women. Their hair isn’t always done in the latest style, and sometimes, it isn’t done at all.
A mother is a woman who can bake a cake with six other hands helping her and still have it turn out fine.
A mother is different. She likes chicken backs, the smallest pieces of pie and the hamburger that is burnt -- things the kids and Daddy don’t care for.
A mother is someone who can repair the kitchen sink with only her hands -- after Daddy spent a lot of time trying with tools and plenty of cuss words.
There is a Jewish proverb that says, God could not be everywhere, so he made mothers.
You know you’re a mom when…
1. When you automatically double-knot everything you tie.
2. You find yourself humming the Barney song as you do the dishes.
3. Your kid throws-up and you catch it.
4. You spend a half hour searching for your sunglasses only to have your teenager say ... "Mom, why don’t you wear the ones you pushed up on your head?"
5. You haven’t been out with your husband in ages, then spend half the night checking on the kids.
6. Spit is your number one cleaning agent.
7. You say at least once a day, "I’m not cut out for this job", but you know you wouldn’t trade it for anything".
Ooohh Mother’s you gotta love them.
It is indeed true, the hand that rocks the cradle-rules the world.
What Is A Mother from the Lord’s perspective?
When the Lord was creating mothers, he was into his sixth day of overtime when the angel appeared and said, "You are spending a lot of time on this one."
And the Lord said, "Have you seen the blueprint for her?"
"She has to be completely washable, not plastic, have moveable parts, all replaceable, run on lack of sleep and leftovers, have a lap that disappears when she stands up, a kiss that can cure anything from a broken leg to a disappointed love affair, and six pairs of hands."
The angel shook his head slowly and said, "Six pairs of hands, no way !"
"It’s not the hands that cause the problems, said the Lord. It is the three pairs of eyes that mothers have to have."
"One pair that sees through closed doors, when she asks, "What are you kids doing in there, " when she already knows. Another in the back of her head that sees what she shouldn’t but what she has to know, and of course the ones here in the front so that she can look at a child when he goofs and says, "I understand and I love you," without so much as uttering a word.
"Lord," said the angel, tugging his sleeve gently, "Come to bed .."
"I can’t," said the Lord. "I am so close to creating something so close to myself. Already, I have one who heals herself when she is sick, can feed a family of six on one pound of hamburger and can get a six year old to stand under a shower."
The angel circled the model of a mother. "She’s too soft," he sighed.
"But tough," said the Lord excitedly. "You cannot imagine what this mother can do or endure !"
Finally the angel bent over and ran his fingers across the cheek. "There’s a leak," there is a leak right there under her eye he said, "I told you that you were trying to put too much into this model."