Summary: Finding a vision for your life, church and ministry
WHAT IS A VISION
Proverbs 29: 18. Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
Some might put it like this, Where there is no vision, the people, go to another perish (or Church)
We need to realize the importance of that truth.
Many churches around this country open their doors a couple of times a week, just to work the hinges. They don’t care if the Church grows or if the whole community goes to hell. They don’t care about missions, they don’t care about their community.
Because they have no vision!
I believe a Church needs to have a vision. It needs to set goals.
When God does a great work with his people he always raises up a leader and gives that leader a vision for the people.
a. In the Book of Gen. God didn’t tell Reuben, or Semien, …. How to sustain the children of Israel during the famine, God revealed it to Joseph.
b. In Exodus, God didn’t give the vision to all of Isreal, God gave the vision to Moses, and the people eventually followed Gods man and they entered into the Promised Land.
c. When Israel was in bondage, he didn’t go to the masses and stir them up, God Stirred up Nehemiah, and Nehemiah stirred the people.
As Pastor of this Church, I’ve begged God not to let things be Business as usual, but that he would give us a vision to do more for God than this church has ever done before.
Before we can have a vision, we need to know what a vision is.
I’m not talking about seeing some 90ft. Jesus standing beside our bed at night. I’m talking about God- honoring, Scriptural based directions.
With these introductory thoughts in mind, I want to preach on the Subject
WHAT IS A VISION?
a. A Vision is the Ability to See. How is your sight?
Hebrews 11: 24. By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter;
25. Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;
26. Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.
27. By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.
Moses did some great things.
EVERY BODY SAW THE BLOOD IN THE WATER
EVERY BODY SAW THE FROGS
EVERY BODY SAW THE LICE
EVERY BODY SAW THE FLIES
EVERYBODY SAW THE DARKNESS
ONLY MOSES SAW THE BURNING BUSH
Before God used Moses to do those things, he Showed moses something that all of Israel couldn’t see. GOD gave moses a vision for the People
b. Only Moses saw the Burning bush
Moses Refused to be called the son of Pharohs Daughter??
Why. Because he was raised by his Mama.
Before God used him, he gave him a vision.
Hellen Keller was aske what is worst than blindness?
She said, Having eyes and still not seeing.
Let me remind you of the story of Ilisha and his servent…
15. And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?
16. And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
17. And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.
18. And when they came down to him, Elisha prayed unto the Lord, and said, Smite this people, I pray thee, with blindness. And he smote them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.
The Servant saw the enemies, but he didn’t see the what the man of God saw.
You may say…
a. All I see is the bills, Well open your eyes and look for the blessings
b. All I see is the battle, well open your eyes and see the Victory.
c. All I see is the work, well open your eyes and see the payday.
Some say, Well if God want’s us to have this, or do this, or accomplish this, he’ll do it. Well, God Doesn’t waist miracles. (John 11) Jesus didn’t move the stone.
Were not talking about doing the math and saying Ok this adds up, so lets do it. Were talking about doing what God said do regardless of weather things add up or not.